Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

23/11/13 - World Cup Semi Final 2: Australia v Fiji (Wembley)

Who will win?   29 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Australia by 25 points or more
    • Australia by 19 to 24 points
    • Australia by 13 to 18 points
    • Australia by 7 to 12 points
    • Australia by 1 to 6 points
    • Fiji by 1 to 6 points
    • Fiji by 7 to 12 points
    • Fiji by 13 to 18 points
    • Fiji by 19 to 24 points
    • Fiji by 25 points or more

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

77 posts in this topic

Nearly forgot, good luck both teams, and Petro, you are a legend and a Bronze statue out the Front of Suncorp Brisbane will be top of my list of causes.

Thank you.

Rich will do a professional job. He's been around long enough to know exactly what he's doing and for those who have never picked up a whistle/flag in anger, he is a great example of how to do the job. Keeps the games flowing, has a good sense of humour that helps diffuse situations and doesn't believe his own hype.

He's more than capable of doing the final should England not get there. If we do, then unfortunately we'll end up with Perenara rather than Thierry, and we know what impact that will have.

If we do make it past NZ, lets hope Perenara doesn't get the final. I'd rather an Aussie than him.

Nearly forgot, good luck both teams, and Petro, you are a legend and a Bronze statue out the Front of Suncorp Brisbane will be top of my list of causes.

Thank you.

Is Wally Lewis getting lonely outside Lang Park (Suncorp)?

Is Wally Lewis getting lonely outside Lang Park (Suncorp)?

He already has Arthur Beetson and Darren Lockyer keeping him company with Big Mal arriving soon.

Assorted predictions:

First set of six for Australia, penalty on the 4th tackle for 'interference'.

Silverwood will lose his voice after about ten minutes.

On every occasion the ball goes to ground with Australia in possession, we'll hear a shrill blast of Silverwood's whistle as he awards them a penalty for a ball steal.

Cheating refs and their Australian overlords :angry:

When will it end................

Why cant there be a really neutral Ref who is professional and not looking for a job in the NRL or intimidated by the Convicts?

:D  :D

Definitely staying for this one. Hope for a decent showing from Fiji really, can't hope for much more really. Looking forward to the game all the same.

I thought Koroibete was nothing short of sensational against Samoa. If he along with Uate can get some decent ball then they could get a couple of tries and trouble the scoreboard.

He already has Arthur Beetson and Darren Lockyer keeping him company with Big Mal arriving soon.

Oh yes - forgotten he's invited his mates!

Nothing would excite Rugby league fans more than for Fiji to go in at half time within striking distance of Australia , Akin to what we saw V England.

That for me would confirm that Fiji are on the way to being Team four long term. 

They really should have had Jared Hayne at stand off , that would have given them an outsiders chance of a shocking upset ( finishing within two tries of Aussie ).

He's that good , when Haynes in the mood he's the best player there is.

Yes, plenty of Bronze being melted down for our league greats, here and at Wembley i see. 

I hope it is dry and fast. 

70 thousand is a perfect rugby league crowd. I think all rugby league stadiums should be built for 70 thousand.

I hope they reconfigure Sydney Olympic for 70 thousand. Perfect. The nose-bleeds then don't feel left out. 

I still think Fiji can win this, everyone has written them off. 

Nothing would excite Rugby league fans more than for Fiji to go in at half time within striking distance of Australia , Akin to what we saw V England.

That for me would confirm that Fiji are on the way to being Team four long term.

They really should have had Jared Hayne at stand off , that would have given them an outsiders chance of a shocking upset ( finishing within two tries of Aussie ).

He's that good , when Haynes in the mood he's the best player there is.

Why 'should' they have had hayne?

Yes, plenty of Bronze being melted down for our league greats, here and at Wembley i see. 

I hope it is dry and fast. 

70 thousand is a perfect rugby league crowd. I think all rugby league stadiums should be built for 70 thousand.

I hope they reconfigure Sydney Olympic for 70 thousand. Perfect. The nose-bleeds then don't feel left out. 

I still think Fiji can win this, everyone has written them off. 

Oh - thanks for the reminder - did the RL statues ever get put into place at Wembley?

If so, where can we go to see them around the stadium?

Oh - thanks for the reminder - did the RL statues ever get put into place at Wembley?

If so, where can we go to see them around the stadium?

They were supposed to be done in time for the world cup but the RFL reported a delay of some kind and so no, they aren't there.  Such a shame.

I hope its a close game and Fiji do well.

They are my adopted second favourite team.

Fijian children will one day tell their own grandchildren of the Day that England and New Zealand played the warm up game before Fiji on English soil.

Every rugby league fan worldwide should write to England and acknowledge why  such world-class rugby league should be played at Wembley ,,, at a world cup final,,,in a city of 8 million , and cant produce 90 thousand, yet American Gridiron can grab huge crowds and it is foreign sport. 

And write to Union clubs as well.

Look, Australia loves world class rugby league, that England verse New Zealand game was what Australian fans expect. 

This was better than Origin. 

At least Old Trafford will be packed, with fans who know world class when they see it, as for London,., 

??? Gee whiz, has anybody lived in that town, i bet 9-tenths of them dont even know where Cook was born. 

Good case to push for London Broncos. Why should rugby league back down, it is time for London to step up.