Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Big Doug

Fiji

10 posts in this topic

A fabulous game today between Samoa and Fiji.

As second favourates Fiji turned in a tremendous performance.

Lets hope that they can do the same next week.

Yes indeed Doug. I thought Samoa again took the hard stuff over the edge but Fiji are capable of handling that sort of stuff and coming back as well.

The Fijian number 5 came inside and literally ties to run through the full back, no hint of a swerve or side step there it was real tough stuff.

Earlier on in the afternoon I saw the news of the S.A. player, Joost van der Oisthezen, not sure of the spelling who has developed motor neurone disease and is already in a wheelchair and speaking very labored. That disease takes no prisoners and can take even the fittest and strongest.

He says he'll fight it and I hope he can do but his chances aren't looking good.

You don't have to look far to see someone worse off than yourself these days!

Pugwash.

What a great bunch of guys they are!!

Pugwash.

Still don't know what I have to do to be that happy, but one things for sure, the Fijian people, team, supporters and friends can have great pride in the way this team have shown to everyone involved in Rugby League how to have pride, passion and belief not just in the sport, but also in everything they touched.

I don't think it has ever been seen before, certainly not in this hemisphere, when at the end of a game, the opposition have joined in a group prayer with their opponents.

Thank you Fiji for some marvellous entertainment, and a brilliant lesson in sportsmanship.

God bless you all.

Still don't know what I have to do to be that happy, but one things for sure, the Fijian people, team, supporters and friends can have great pride in the way this team have shown to everyone involved in Rugby League how to have pride, passion and belief not just in the sport, but also in everything they touched.

I don't think it has ever been seen before, certainly not in this hemisphere, when at the end of a game, the opposition have joined in a group prayer with their opponents.

Thank you Fiji for some marvellous entertainment, and a brilliant lesson in sportsmanship.

God bless you all.

Can Honestly Say it has been a Pleasure to witness it first hand and even more so to enjoy it with My Family ! ,

I've been Lucky to have been able to sample it with several of the touring Teams and other Family events over the Years but this Tour was the Best so Far because so many of our Friends etc got to Sample it up close also !

I am Sure everybody who managed to meet them enjoyed the experience

and i know First Hand how Grateful they where for the Hospitality and Support the People of a Small Mill Town at the Foot of the Pennines called 'ROCHDALE' gave them !

VINAKA VAKU LEVU !!!