Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

808tone

Good Aussie Rules mark

11 posts in this topic

Surely this kind of catch is fairly commonplace, to my view the defender makes it easy for the catcher by providing a stable platform on which he levers himself.

Aussie Rules is a good occasional watch, but it lacks something to my mind.  It's basically a lung burning kicking and catching whilst on the run contest.

Surely this kind of catch is fairly commonplace, to my view the defender makes it easy for the catcher by providing a stable platform on which he levers himself.

Aussie Rules is a good occasional watch, but it lacks something to my mind.  It's basically a lung burning kicking and catching whilst on the run contest.

The mark is the highlight of the game but you will start to see Aussie Rules coaches maybe drift over to the Rugby code esp when you see what Folau has been doing lately as well as Billy Slater.

Years ago the Aussie rules lot nearly got in bed with the NSWRL lot for a hybrid game that could of changed Rugby league in England but sadly for (Australia's sake) it never happened but in the so called code war down under I could see both Rugby codes using AFL style marking and kicking which will make both codes more attractive but can not see Aussie Rules adding any more rules to convert the Rugby fans.

Maybe league but not union. The ARU can't just adopt rules and expect everyone else to follow their lead.

Maybe league but not union. The ARU can't just adopt rules and expect everyone else to follow their lead.

Not sure after watching Folau doing some great thing in the air this year for the Wallabies.

The mark is the highlight of the game but you will start to see Aussie Rules coaches maybe drift over to the Rugby code esp when you see what Folau has been doing lately as well as Billy Slater.

If that's the highlight of the game, then the Aussie's are welcome to it.

Not sure after watching Folau doing some great thing in the air this year for the Wallabies.

Coaching techniques are one thing but the laws of teh game are something else. The IRB make the laws not the ARU. If the ARU had much say in the laws then the ELVs would have been adopted wholesale (especially since NZ and SA also backed them). Nobody other than Australia has any interest in Aussie rules.

Coaching techniques are one thing but the laws of teh game are something else. The IRB make the laws not the ARU. If the ARU had much say in the laws then the ELVs would have been adopted wholesale (especially since NZ and SA also backed them). Nobody other than Australia has any interest in Aussie rules.

I am not taking about charging the rules ( but did want the ELV's to stay) but just using high jumping technique as well as kicking from Aussie Rules would be any added advantage for an Rugby team.

I am not taking about charging the rules ( but did want the ELV's to stay) but just using high jumping technique as well as kicking from Aussie Rules would be any added advantage for an Rugby team.

This has already happened - compare RL games now to those from 40 years ago and both tactics and techniques around attacking kicks are massively different. It is also clear that the technical changes have been adopted from AFL.

Most (if not all) RL coaches - especially those from the SH - would agree with this. It's not a controversial viewpoint.

This has already happened - compare RL games now to those from 40 years ago and both tactics and techniques around attacking kicks are massively different. It is also clear that the technical changes have been adopted from AFL.

Most (if not all) RL coaches - especially those from the SH - would agree with this. It's not a controversial viewpoint.

Agree and just puts another entertaining aspect value on Rugby League/Union.