Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

iffleyox

CC1 2014

69 posts in this topic

With all this doubt around the number of fixtures, Hemel have done well to secure sponsorship from Haven again for 2014. Good news.

With all this doubt around the number of fixtures, Hemel have done well to secure sponsorship from Haven again for 2014. Good news.

Yes.  That is exceptionally good news.

The championship fixtures have been released, how come the championship 1 fixtures haven't?

The championship fixtures have been released, how come the championship 1 fixtures haven't?

Are they waiting on the South Wales Scorpions situation?  I too am a fledgling rugby league fan, who's attended matches for the first time during this World Cup.  Hoping to go  to some games next season - where, I do not know!

Are they waiting on the South Wales Scorpions situation?  I too am a fledgling rugby league fan, who's attended matches for the first time during this World Cup.  Hoping to go  to some games next season - where, I do not know!

Welcome to the tribe!

This may help (presuming the fixtures are all sorted soon!) ... http://www.therfl.co.uk/ -- go to "Club Finder" down the page a bit and in the middle.

Zoom in on South Wales area (Cardiff etc.) -- http://www.therfl.co.uk/clubfinder/?address=cardiff

Always were releasing the fixtures later than for Championship.  Not sure where you live, but guessing from your name that maybe South Wales.  If so the Scorpions could do with some support, probably based in Neath, but some debate on that at the moment.  As an alternative the All Golds are not that far away, again venue not confirmed but poss Lydney, or else in the Cheltenham/Gloucester area.

Welcome from a fellow newbie, got involved when All Golds started last season.

Welcome to the tribe!

This may help (presuming the fixtures are all sorted soon!) ... http://www.therfl.co.uk/ -- go to "Club Finder" down the page a bit and in the middle.

Zoom in on South Wales area (Cardiff etc.) -- http://www.therfl.co.uk/clubfinder/?address=cardiff

Thanks for the link.. very informative.  Seems there's lots more local clubs than I thought, which has surprised me. Though it was all about the Union, just wish the local media would realize this.

Always were releasing the fixtures later than for Championship.  Not sure where you live, but guessing from your name that maybe South Wales.  If so the Scorpions could do with some support, probably based in Neath, but some debate on that at the moment.  As an alternative the All Golds are not that far away, again venue not confirmed but poss Lydney, or else in the Cheltenham/Gloucester area.

Welcome from a fellow newbie, got involved when All Golds started last season.

Yeah, live in South East Wales.  Looking forward to having a local team to cheer on in Championship 1 next season, so hope the Scorpions situation is sorted out soon. South Wales needs a competitive team in a permanent home!

Yeah, live in South East Wales.  Looking forward to having a local team to cheer on in Championship 1 next season, so hope the Scorpions situation is sorted out soon. South Wales needs a competitive team in a permanent home!

Hopefully, we will hear soon...

For those who are new to the sport you will need to adapt quickly to a governing body that is novel to say the least!  Just go with the flow, keep everything crossed, and it should all work out in the end.

And then have a good rant now and again!

I'm guessing that the RFL are doing everything in their power to come up with something which works...

Why does that thought fill me with dread?

For those who are new to the sport you will need to adapt quickly to a governing body that is novel to say the least! Just go with the flow, keep everything crossed, and it should all work out in the end.

And then have a good rant now and again!

Surprised to see from a post above that GAG might not be playing in the same place next season. Surely one year in is a bit early to be changing things?  And moving to Lydney would be going right into the heart of tribal RU territory, so hopefully it's not plan A....

Know long term All Golds are hoping to get their own ground.  Played two games at Lydney last season, and were well supported by the locals, good pitch too.  Like a lot of fans from other clubs, getting frustrated at the lack of information coming out re players and ground for the season.

I heard today that the All Golds are soon to announce their venue plans for next season as soon as the fixtures are released.

Know long term All Golds are hoping to get their own ground.  Played two games at Lydney last season, and were well supported by the locals, good pitch too.  Like a lot of fans from other clubs, getting frustrated at the lack of information coming out re players and ground for the season.

wasn't there talk that lydney might put a team in the local west of england league too. all the best to lionel hurst & his team for 2014.looking good from all accounts.

I just noticed an email I got a couple of days ago from London Skolars re the fixture format.

I wanted to update you on a couple of things. Firstly we should have the 2014 Championship 1 fixtures ready to publish this coming Monday, the 2nd December.

I don’t know if you are aware but there will be no Northern Rail Cup in 2014. Instead the RFL, after consulting with the clubs, have sanctioned an additional 4 league fixtures which are known as “loop fixtures”. This basically means that we will play extra league games against 4 selected teams from Championship 1 so we will have 20 league fixtures in total (10 home and 10 away).

The season will start on Sunday 2nd March 2014 and will go through to Sunday 7thSeptember 2014.

After that date the top 5 teams will go into the play offs with the Grand Final winner only being promoted to the Championship.

Fixtures now released:

http://www.therfl.co.uk/news/article/29249/kingstone-press-championship-one-fixtures

"For the 2014 season each of the nine Championship One teams will play an extra four games during the 24 rounds, two of which will be at home and two away. These four fixtures have been selected at random based on finishing positions in 2013.

"As announced last month, the Northern Rail Cup will not be contested in the 2014 season."

Fixtures now released:

http://www.therfl.co.uk/news/article/29249/kingstone-press-championship-one-fixtures

"For the 2014 season each of the nine Championship One teams will play an extra four games during the 24 rounds, two of which will be at home and two away. These four fixtures have been selected at random based on finishing positions in 2013.

"As announced last month, the Northern Rail Cup will not be contested in the 2014 season."

If its based on last years finishing positions then it isn't random!

Where is coventry?

Whatever happened with the proposed team from Manchester entering CC1? Manchester rangers I think they where going to be called and based in east Manchester set up by a former Wigan player called irwin(can't remember his first name). What with Dr K at Salford and the development of clubs like mancunians rl and st peters school it was getting very exciting for RL in Manchester.

On the back of a wonderful World Cup in which I have attended Rugby League games for the first time, and been left enthralled. I am really enthusiastic about going to some matches next season.  Good to see the fixture list then, and looking forward therefore to the Scorpions first game against Oldham.  But where will it be?!!!  Anyone any the wiser, surely this needs to be resolved now!

Coach and players needed also, surely to late to make any type of challenge in the league. South Wales Whipping Boys?