Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Futtocks

The Ashes... again!

102 posts in this topic

I'm glad that today's the final T20 game meaning England can pack their bags and come home..  England trounced yet again and there was just a shot on the telly of the team in the dugout all staring down at their feet looking seriously unhappy.  If this were a boxing match, the towel would have been thrown in weeks ago and the players could have had a few weeks off.

I can't remember ever seeing such a one-sided season of cricket between two so-called top-tier nations.  England's entire winning tally was one one-day international when Australia had already won the series and they rested a few key players, including Clarke.

As has been said we were lucky to beat them in the summer, the 3-0 series win disguised how close it was. But to surrender so abjectly is a disgrace.  I'm not an expert, but the experts say that the Aussie side isn't that good. I remember Gower surrendering in 1985 by deliberately bowling a no-ball to end a test match. I hope we haven't reached that stage!  I hate to see British sides losing to Australia (except at Union).  Something needs to be done. But god knows what!