Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sports Prophet

Chase out, Widdop in

53 posts in this topic

Thank Christ this has finally happened. Now if only an even bigger surprise of Burrow at half and Sinfold on the bench will arrive, I will be a happy chappy

Thank Christ this has finally happened. Now if only an even bigger surprise of Burrow at half and Sinfold on the bench will arrive, I will be a happy chappy

Agreed!  Burrow is, in my opinion, the best half in the northern hemisphere.

We'll have to watch out.  If the coach does any more things we want then he'll start to be liked.  That would never do.

We'll have to watch out.  If the coach does any more things we want then he'll start to be liked.  That would never do.

Wut??????

I can see Rob 'Burrow-ing' under the tall NZ forwards to make some breaks. :tongue:

No seriously though, that physical dynamic could make a difference.

I'm more concerned that the error ridden, regilarly penalised, goofball Westwood still gets a shot. He is terrible

AT LAST!!

I would hope that McBanana is brave and puts Sinfield at Loose Fwd so that he, Burrow and Widdop can work together. Good luck to Widdop- hope he takes his chance and shows what he's got.

Sam Burgess to prop for opening 20 and then slip to 2nd row to do the job on SBW when Westwood goes off for a rest so he doesn't give away any stupid pens when he's tired!

I am more hopeful of a good result after Chase's omission.

AS he McNumbara bowed down to popular opinion ?

Yes of course, McNamara bases all his selections on the ramblings of people on forums :-)

Don't think you can start with Burrow,the kiwi forwards will target him and run over the top of him,use him off the bench at the back end of each half,as for Ablett,i ain't got a clue why he;s in the squad.

Yes of course, McNamara bases all his selections on the ramblings of people on forums :-)

He could do worse !!!!!!!

Words cannot describe how relieved I am. Good work McNamara, maybe he's been resting Widdop for the big games? He might not he as much as an idiot as we think he is.

IMO he's dropped chase because he knows he'd be wound up something shocking by the NZ team....however Widdop is a bonus. Just hope it's not too much to ask him to play to full strength all of a sudden

Whilst I agree that Widdop should have been used from the start of the tournament, McBanana's picked a strange, strange time to change Chase for the Storm man - waiting until the semi-final.  

Now we'll be facing arguably the WC's form team with a largely untried half-back combination.

Ablett back in. Dear God!

IMO he's dropped chase because he knows he'd be wound up something shocking by the NZ team....however Widdop is a bonus. Just hope it's not too much to ask him to play to full strength all of a sudden

I agree about Chase and I don't think Chase did himself any favours near the end of the France match. He was storming about like a lunatic and I could have seen the NZ team getting under his skin even more.

I agree about Chase and I don't think Chase did himself any favours near the end of the France match. He was storming about like a lunatic and I could have seen the NZ team getting under his skin even more.

that's exactly what I thought at the end of that game too

There may be more too it. Widdop missed the last chunk of the NRL season with a hip injury. Perhaps he wasn't fully fit to play the earlier matches.

I must say I'm surprised, as I felt Chase had been playing well.

I like chase and think he provides a bigger threat than Widdop. However I think his long running grudge with Isaac Luke could have negatively affected his game. Also, as some have already mentioned he started to get frustrated against France and we can ill afford to give away needless penalties v NZ. Widdop is a more level-headed individual which may be best for this match.

I just hope we don't become too predictable with Sinfield and Widdop who are "safety-first" players and not so good when player off-the-cuff. Where are the breaks going to come from?

I like chase and think he provides a bigger threat than Widdop. However I think his long running grudge with Isaac Luke could have negatively affected his game. Also, as some have already mentioned he started to get frustrated against France and we can ill afford to give away needless penalties v NZ. Widdop is a more level-headed individual which may be best for this match.

I just hope we don't become too predictable with Sinfield and Widdop who are "safety-first" players and not so good when player off-the-cuff. Where are the breaks going to come from?

Tomkins, the centres and burrow.

I'm starting to really like the thought if this team.

mc namara has known all along the semi would be against nz, why no game time for widdop at 6 in preparation?  shocking coaching

Chase has been dropped for using racist language on Twitter, nothing to do with form or tactics.

Chase has been dropped for using racist language on Twitter, nothing to do with form or tactics.

?