Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sports Prophet

Chase out, Widdop in

53 posts in this topic

?

Used the  "N" word (about himself,I might add).People got offended on behalf of other people.Chase dropped.

Used the  "N" word (about himself,I might add).People got offended on behalf of other people.Chase dropped.

Yep. Not the smartest thing to use that word publicly though, no matter what the context.

This is the best news I have heard all day.now they need to get rid of sinfield in the halves.I would personaly start with burrow at seven. I would also start sinfield at nine with roby on the bench.burrow was the best half in the league back end of last year.I was at the jjb stadium when wigan played leeds and he was by far the most dangerous man on the field for leeds. He also changed the game when he came on for england against fiji.hasfor the kiwis running over him in defence as stated inpreviois post that

Is rubbish.their are big forwards in super league I cant remeber seeing him get run over at all.think we need an extra prop on the bench instead of a second row this week and I would go with mossop.this is what my 17 out the 19 wouldbe.1 tomkins 2 charnley 3 watkis 4 cudjoe 5 hall 6 widdop 7 burrow 8 graham 9 sinfield 10 hill 11 burgess 12 westwood 13 oloughlin 14 mossop 15 george burgess 16 roby 17 ferres.

Chase has been dropped for using racist language on Twitter, nothing to do with form or tactics.

I did wonder if it was anything to do with that

Logical decision for this match, regardless of whether Rangi's been an eejit or not:

* Chase gets wound up by the Kiwis and plays badly against them

* Widdop can get the ball wide more quickly

* Sinfield and Widdop provide structure, Tomkins chimes into the line and does the off-the-cuff stuff

* Roby to start, Burrow on the bench

* No other halves/hookers in the 19 so therefore Roby, Widdop, Sinfield and Burrow will all be involved

* Most likely 17:

Tomkins

Charnley

Watkins

Cudjoe

Hall

Widdop

Sinfield

Hill

Roby

Graham

S Burgess

Westwood

O'Loughlin

Interchange

G Burgess

Burrow

Ferres/Ablett

Mossop

Think he'll want two props on the bench, unless he decides to start Sam at prop and bring Ferres into the second row, putting Hill and G Mossop on the bench alongside Burrow and Ablett

It will be something like that, anyway.

This is the best news I have heard all day.now they need to get rid of sinfield in the halves.I would personaly start with burrow at seven. I would also start sinfield at nine with roby on the bench.burrow was the best half in the league back end of last year.I was at the jjb stadium when wigan played leeds and he was by far the most dangerous man on the field for leeds. He also changed the game when he came on for england against fiji.hasfor the kiwis running over him in defence as stated inpreviois post that

Is rubbish.their are big forwards in super league I cant remeber seeing him get run over at all.think we need an extra prop on the bench instead of a second row this week and I would go with mossop.this is what my 17 out the 19 wouldbe.1 tomkins 2 charnley 3 watkis 4 cudjoe 5 hall 6 widdop 7 burrow 8 graham 9 sinfield 10 hill 11 burgess 12 westwood 13 oloughlin 14 mossop 15 george burgess 16 roby 17 ferres.

Yep, that'll do for me, don't think he'll change things this much tho, shame

They're not missing from that team photo. Chase is running around behind big Sam looking for a way to the front but headed off in the wrong direction, and Micky Mac is having a heated discussion off screen in an empty phone box.

Seriously though I hope that Widdop's been putting in the time at training to get as close to match fitness as he can. Can't wait for Sat. 

Quite often with great sporting achievements there are things beyond teh coaches control or that force a caoch to change there plans from there original ones that in hindsight make the difference and are talked about for years after. Maybe, just maybe this is it.

Don't think there is anything sinister regarding Micky Mac's omission. A recent tweet from him:

MickyMcilorum
MickyMc88
Thanks all 4 the message but coaches decision is final and wish all the boys the best! #DissapointedToSayTheLeast

I don't think Ablett will make the 17, but one of his big advatages is the ability to wind the opposition up and then take a few punches to the head without retalliating, meaning only one person gets binned :)

According to Martyn Sadler on twitter Rangi has had 2 agreed days off form the camp to be with his Mrs who is due to have their second child

According to Martyn Sadler on twitter Rangi has had 2 agreed days off form the camp to be with his Mrs who is due to have their second child

If that's true then I think all that all's well that ends (continues) well. May yet see him in the final depending on how we get on tomorrow.

May yet see him in the final depending on how we get on tomorrow.

Surely he's left it too late to make the Kiwi squad.

Tomkins, the centres and burrow.

I'm starting to really like the thought if this team.

Chris, I really could not believe my eye's when I saw your'e statement, you have been championing the "established " 6 & 7" throughout, I would have thought that you would have been against any disruption to the "tried and trusted" pairing at this stage of the comp. Why the sudden change of heart.

Chris, I really could not believe my eye's when I saw your'e statement, you have been championing the "established " 6 & 7" throughout, I would have thought that you would have been against any disruption to the "tried and trusted" pairing at this stage of the comp. Why the sudden change of heart.

Actually I've always wanted to see more if Widdop throughout the tournement. I haven't been championing it I've been saying I can understand the logic behind it. I've been sticking up for the halfbacks because I don't think they've been half as bad as is made out in here by some, in fact Sinfield is at number 7 in OPTAS team of the WC so far.

I do think if this was the coaches plan all along that it's a gamble though, but one that could pay off.