Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

johnboy1986

world best team opinions?

22 posts in this topic

1.billy slater 2.brett morris 3.gregg inglis 4 jarad hayne 5.ryan hall 6.cooper cronk 7.thurston 8.sam kasiano 9.cameron smith 10.sam burgess 11.sonnybill williams 12.sam thaiaday 13.sean oloughlin. Whatis everyone elses opinion?

sam kasiano? your'e have a laugh.

Best team in the world I'd go for:

1. Billy Slater

2. Roger Tuivasa Sheck

3. Michael Jennings

4. Greg Inglis

5. Ryan Hall

6. Jonathan Thurston

7. Cooper Cronk

8. Chris Hill

9. Cameron Smith

10. Jesse Bromwich

11. Sonny Bill Williams

12. Sam Burgess

13. Paul Gallen

14. Isaac Luke

15. George Burgess

16. Andrew Fifita

17. Luke Lewis

With the bench I've gone for one which would make serious impact coming on in the game. I don't think you could put any side together out of the remaining players which would defeat that one.

From reading posts on here widdop must be included as he is a demi-god!!

No you have a debate about someone who is probably in the top 5 - 10 stand offs in the world being picked behind someone who wouldn't even make it into the top 25. It's obviously going to cause outrage.

1. Anthony Milford (Samoa)

2. Roger Tuivasa Sheck (NZ)

3. Konrad Hurrell (Tonga)

4. Greg Inglis (Australia)

5. Ryan Hall (England)

6. Jonathan Thurston (Australia)

7. Liam Foran (NZ)

8. Jesse Bromwich (NZ)

9. Cameron Smith (Australia)

10. Andrew Fifita (Australia)

11. Sam Burgess (England)

12. Sonny Bill Willams (NZ)

13. Paul Gallen (Australia)

No you have a debate about someone who is probably in the top 5 - 10 stand offs in the world being picked behind someone who wouldn't even make it into the top 25. It's obviously going to cause outrage.

Its hard to compare like for like as they have never played in each others respective leagues, its also hard to know what each player is like in camp, finally are they both fully fit and more importantly who fits best into the team structure?

The England management team will know best that is why they were headhunted into their positions. ...

Debate is one thing, character assassination is another....

1. Sam Tomkins

2. Roger Tuivasa Sheck

3. Greg Inglis

4. BJ Leiluia

5. Hall ( though I would have liked to have seen Uate play with a better back line )

6. Foran

7. Thurston

8. Fafita

9. Luke

10. Wairea Hargreaves

11 Sam Burgess

12 Sonny Bill Williams

13. Paul Gallen

14. Jared Hayne

15 Mose Masoe

16 George Burgess

17 ( I would like to have had the luxury of playing Luke Lewis off the bench but alas ) Frank Pritchard.

5. Hall ( though I would have liked to have seen Uate play with a better back line )

Uate has played with a better backline in origin, he was massively exposed.

Slater

RTS

Jennings

Inglis

Hall

Foran

Thurston

Graham

Smith

Bromwich

Burgess

SBW

Gallen

I'd say that eight are 'definites'. About 15-20 players would have a strong

case for the other five places.

CGD, on 21 Nov 2013 - 10:58 PM, said:

Hayne should be a lock for this team.

Really?

I'd have thought he'd be best at full back or somewhere in the three-quarter line.

Sam RTS Inglis Hayne Hall Brough Thurston Fifita Luke Hill Sam SBW Lockers

1 Tomkins

2 Sheck

3 Hayne

4 Inglis

5 Hall

6 Thurston

7 Cherry Evans

8 Graham

9 Smith

10 S burgess

11 Thaiday

12 SBW

13 Gallen

14 Luke

15 G Burgess

16 Fifita

17 Pritchard

Foran are u kidding.kasiano has been the best prop in world cup so far.my bench would be. Gallen fafita luke bromitch.

Inglis

RTS

Jennings

Hayne

Hall

Foran

Thurston

Hill

Luke

Wairea Hargreaves

S Burgess

Sonny Bill Wiiliams

O'Loughlin

From reading posts on here widdop must be included as he is a demi-god!!

Same could be said about Sinfield!

Uate has played with a better backline in origin, he was massively exposed.

I did see all three matches and while that's true , Some players shouldn't play in trial matches for other countries which they may not relate as well as pulling their own colors on.

In my day there was a man called Ohlsen Filipaina who played stand off for NZ. He was hopeless playing in the Winfield cup for the North Sydney Bears. His heart wasn't in it.

When the same player pulled on the Black and White , history shows his opposite in Green and Gold had the worst spell of his international career.

A fellah named Wally Lewis.

1 - Slater

2 - Vatuvei

3 - Inglis

4-  Jennings

5 - Hall

6 - Thurston

7 - Cronk

8 - JWH

9 - Luke

10 - Graham

11 - Burgess

12 - SBW

13 - Gallen

14 - Fifita

15 - DCE

16 - G.Burgess

17 - Pritchard

Not one person on this thread as mentioned Simon Mannering, and most notably Mount Smart who happens to be a Warriors fan, must say I am a very big fan of his at 13. 

Don't see many who can match his work rate and ethic, will always be there or there about's wherever the ball is attack or defence.

Big worry of mine for tomorrow, will make his mark. 

Not one person on this thread as mentioned Simon Mannering, and most notably Mount Smart who happens to be a Warriors fan, must say I am a very big fan of his at 13.

Don't see many who can match his work rate and ethic, will always be there or there about's wherever the ball is attack or defence.

Him and Sean O Loughlin are pretty much identical. I chose Gallen due to having more of a physical prescence but he is an outstanding player.

Good spotting with  Mannering.

It gets quite hard to pick when so many world class players are on display and there is so little between some of them.

It depends on your own criteria of course , you could easily start with the Kangaroo Squad and just swap out a few players here and there ( pretty much could get away with Just re gigging the Kangaroo forwards for some English and Kiwi players and not many could argue with that ) .

The 13 ended up Gallen in my team based on these Criteria

1 ) Tournament form ( I have all three even , O'loughlin perhaps sightly off the pace with his injury but for mine that's a marker of his quality the way he is overcoming it )   Mannering as  you say has been everywhere on the Park , but so has Gallen.

2) Who would other players least like to be facing ( Gallen and day light imo )

3) Mental game ( All three are even / Super competitors with big hearts ).

Just on Mannering , you're quite right to watch out for him , he flies under the Radar in games , he has a dangerous little partnership with Shaun Johnson developed this year.

The other player in the Kiwi team that is getting away with being low profile is Frank Paul Nu'usala , he is bagging a few Try's Hitting and spinning at the line while the defence is concentrating on what other people are doing.