Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

raiders96

Fixtures

27 posts in this topic

First thing I noticed is that we have only 2 guaranteed home game in 8 weeks (16 Feb - 13th April)

Then 4 home games out of 5 in May.

What is so complicated about the good old fashioned Home - Away - Home - Away etc.

This messes up the Clubs finances and some fans struggle paying out every week etc.

First thing I noticed is that we have only 2 guaranteed home game in 8 weeks (16 Feb - 13th April)

Then 4 home games out of 5 in May.

What is so complicated about the good old fashioned Home - Away - Home - Away etc.

This messes up the Clubs finances and some fans struggle paying out every week etc.

It's not so easy when the likes of Rochdale and Doncaster have to have 4 and 6 away games on the trot to allow for pitch renovations, there is bound to be a knock on effect for other clubs.

When did you play the teams who were at home when you were at home and away when you were away ?

I hear a lot about this HAHA pattern but the reality is that it never happened.

When do the TV fixtures come out. As you can see there are no Thursday Night games yet

When did you play the teams who were at home when you were at home and away when you were away ?

I hear a lot about this HAHA pattern but the reality is that it never happened.

Not only did it never happen it is impossible for it ever to happen. I used to draw up the fixture list for our local bowls league and quite often I was asked this question but some teams have to have 2 consecutive away games and vice versa at some point for as you say if half the league are at home and half away on a regular basis, when would the home teams get to play each other or the away teams play each other.

To be honest I think the fixtures look quite good. The only hiccup  would be March 15th and April 5th if we get drawn away.

Also the grand final, is that not on the same weekend as the Super League play off final

When do the TV fixtures come out. As you can see there are no Thursday Night games yet

Soon I hope gaz. I'm not having it that I get stitched up for my sheffield over nighter (for the 4th season in five)

Not only did it never happen it is impossible for it ever to happen. I used to draw up the fixture list for our local bowls league and quite often I was asked this question but some teams have to have 2 consecutive away games and vice versa at some point for as you say if half the league are at home and half away on a regular basis, when would the home teams get to play each other or the away teams play each other.

In that case then you could have just 2 home games back to back and 2 away games back to back and the rest HAHA.

If you look at some of the SL Clubs they have the above in their fixture list.

I just think you should not have more than 2 consecutive games H or A.

said this before, got to start making away games more affordable for away fans. in this financial climate I would let all away fans in for nowt or even half price. sell admission tickets at away fans clubs so theres no skull doggery and get more away fans to the games. cant rely on tv games for money as I think in the long run the club looses out. ok cup games maybe but as far as league is I am more than happy to miss out being on the box.

Personally disappointed with Sunday Rugby again, were Saturday evenings never an option? Saturday was much more of a social occasion before & after the game.

I think attendances would be higher on a Saturday.

In that case then you could have just 2 home games back to back and 2 away games back to back and the rest HAHA.

If you look at some of the SL Clubs they have the above in their fixture list.

I just think you should not have more than 2 consecutive games H or A.

As I said in an earlier post it isn't as simple as that especially when you throw in the Doncaster are having 6 away games on the trot and Rochdale 4 away games on the trot because they can't use their pitches for renovation work. That has a knock-on effect for every other clubs fixtures.

Personally disappointed with Sunday Rugby again, were Saturday evenings never an option? Saturday was much more of a social occasion before & after the game.

I think attendances would be higher on a Saturday.

Couldn't agree more.  Used to love Saturday evenings in the setting sun.  Make it so....please!

Yeah Saturday evenings were a lot better, there was always a better atmosphere with more people drinking etc....

Yep Saturday evening is the way forward for me, at least i can get home on the train after a few pints at the rugby, Sunday i have to drive so its no pints...less money in the clubs coffers...

Saturdays always worked better for us and lots of other supporters, plus the better bus train services. But hey will get there when ever possible

Sp1der

It has to be Sunday for me. Anyone with an interest in amateur rugby would be stymied too.

Saturday afternoon at your amateaur side, saturday evening at craven park...perfect day...

I don't think you can beat a sat night watching a game with a few beers

And B@llo#ks to those, like myself, who have to work most Saturday's then eh ?.

And me and the wife work most sundays...Can't please everyone mate...

The answer in my opinion is to have some games on Saturdays and some on Sundays. I'd have games such as Featherstone on a Saturday night at 6.30 with their half decent away following and also good set of fans. Maybe have a band on after the game put some food on and make a night of it until about 10-11 o clock, I'm sure Fev fans would stay behind as many of them seem to stay over. This could also be the case for Halifax, Leigh and potentially NW Crusaders. Maybe the club could look to work with local hotels and the bigger clubs in the Championship to get some Saturday night type events put together. If we offer a deal for 50 fans from an away side ect and can offer a good deal on a hotel and mention the after game entertainment maybe it may tempt some away fans into it? It's just an idea I guess but would it interest away fans?

A couple of seasons ago when there was a band on after the game and sun was setting and there was 100-200 fans congregating around the popular side it created a rather pleasant atmosphere. It could be good to try and recreate that.

The teams with minimal away support: Sheffield, Doncaster Swinton ect should go on a Sunday.

Undecided about our Cumbrian rivals for Sunday or Saturday. I really don't know what both sets of fans prefer.