Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Woodlesford Hawk

Championship 1 Fixtures

34 posts in this topic

The Championship fixtures were released today but cant see any mention of Championship 1. Can anyone throw any light on  

A, how many teams are going to be in the league

B, when they are scheduled to be published.

AS per norm the RFL not keeping the fans informed but no change there!

The Championship fixtures were released today but cant see any mention of Championship 1. Can anyone throw any light on  

A, how many teams are going to be in the league

B, when they are scheduled to be published.

AS per norm the RFL not keeping the fans informed but no change there!

There published next Monday

24 games

Think it will be 20 games

Hemel wanted 16 because they lose money at every game. Hunslet wanted 24 and two other teams wanted 20 so they carried the attending voters and that was decided upon.

Not decided yet. Evidently Oldham Hemel and a few other new teams only want to play 18 games as the cannot afford to play more.

What a total joke.

If we had the rail cup that would of been 4 games then 16 league at least so 20 so as no rail cup we should play at least 20 league games how cant clubs aford to play more than 18 of there was rail cup they would be playing more...16.18 just not enough in my opinion.

Where have Oldham said they cant afford more games? Think you will find the chairman wanted more games to increase revenue, but then again Hunslet seem to think this season will be a walk in the park judging by some previous threads on here! Some shocks might await you as most of the sides in Champ 1 were more than competitive last season. Anyway hope its a good season for all in the division. Roll on the fixtures next week :)

This is a fact actually from a good source.

How often does Chris Hamilton give you long suffering Oldham fans the full facts ?

Lastly I certainly dont think it will be a walk in the park some very tough games await us although I would in reality expect the top three to come from Hunslet York and Oldham.

Given Hunslets strong preseason signings coupled with the support of our d/r partners .Most would agree that Hunslet should WIN champ 1 ......... As we will be paying Winning pay / bonus ,more often than most clubs ..... 

What  do fellow forum members think is the  reason  Hunslet want a  24 game season ,as opposed to Hemel wanting just 16 ????.......... ,

The  End  result  being the same . i.e.  HUNSLET . 2014 Champ 1 . CHAMPIONS............

Please explain, as anything other than each team playing each other home and away once is slanted .....

16 games is not enough playing every team three times would be fairer than some twice and some thrice

Common sense really Rugby League supporters like to have a full season watching their favourite sport weather it be amateur or professional   and I think you undermine the other clubs competing in championship 1 if you think it is a forgone conclusion Hunslet will win it far from it mate. 

So with the fixtures out on Monday will the price of season tickets be announced soon also will next seasons shirts be out before Christmas?

As I posted previously. The last meeting to discuss fixtures was held at Batley and the division 1 teams voted to have 20 games.

With 20 fixtures, we would play everyone twice and another 4 teams, making 10 home and 10 away. Presumably, they will sort out these extra fixtures on a regional basis as much as possible, so we would probably have to play Oldham and York in extra fixtures, two of the better teams surely. This could give other teams an advantage if they are only playing weaker sides in their region and could be costly to us. 24 games is much more equal!

How can you have your ticket when prices not been announced, and on the lunch, the move has obviously worked and I assume is financially beneficial to the club as over 300 booked according to newsletter, that's more than went to Leeds United.

How can you have your ticket when prices not been announced, and on the lunch, the move has obviously worked and I assume is financially beneficial to the club as over 300 booked according to newsletter, that's more than went to Leeds United.

Is the village chippy back open yet Gaz.................

Dual reg posts removed as there is a thread specifically for this. Don't let's turn each thread into anti Leeds stuff as it's still boring