Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

New signing announced Wednesday?

103 posts in this topic

What's that old saying....

You can fool some people some of the time,

But you can't fool all the people all the time....

Come on BSJ

Is that correct??

;)

All of the people some of the time; some of the people all of the time; and Coolie any time.

I think that's right.

The situation is explained by Glenn in the League Express.

The player concerned has to undergo an English test before he can obtain a Visa in his own country, everything here

has been complete for some time.  This may have to be done in another country (Australia) as the relevant office is

now closed in his own country until February - nearly as long as BSJ's Christmas Holidays!

Quite rightly, the club will not announce his name until the Visa is obtained.

We've been tracking a winger for the last 6 months from Romania

Heard he had a good pair of hand and fast on his feet... This alerted the border agency as they'd been after him for pickpocketing.... And just when you think your gonna get a star of the future eh

;)

We've been tracking a winger for the last 6 months from Romania

Heard he had a good pair of hand and fast on his feet... This alerted the border agency as they'd been after him for pickpocketing.... And just when you think your gonna get a star of the future eh

;)

Make our understudies  from Mount T green with envy.  When his 3000 Roma relatives come to support him.Sell out every game.

The situation is explained by Glenn in the League Express.

The player concerned has to undergo an English test before he can obtain a Visa in his own country, everything here

has been complete for some time.  This may have to be done in another country (Australia) as the relevant office is

now closed in his own country until February - nearly as long as BSJ's Christmas Holidays!

Quite rightly, the club will not announce his name until the Visa is obtained.

We can't all afford the League Express WR so it's not really a reliable vehicle for the spread of club news is it?

No holidays for me this Christmas, although a comfortable bed awaits in January.

:party:

It will be nice boxing day seeing the gypsies going home in the same day...

Spoils Xmas having to associate with our poor relations.

But it is the season of good will to the less fortunate ;)

Ha ha! Started on the White Lightening gravey already Coolie? The only thing the rams will get for Xmas is their faces pushed in the mud.........again :lol:

And with Christmas being a time for family it will be nice that the tiny gene pool that is dewsbury can all meet in one place

Ha ha! Started on the White Lightening gravey already Coolie? The only thing the rams will get for Xmas is their faces pushed in the mud.........again :lol:

And with Christmas being a time for family it will be nice that the tiny gene pool that is dewsbury can all meet in one place

Point is we wont be playing Batley it will be Giants  A Team.Admit it Your fall from near the top flight has gone.

Does it say a specific Wednesday?

There are 3 more before Christmas !

....and plenty more afterwards!

If we're not making a signing after all wouldn't it be best for the club to put us out of our (present) misery?

According to this week's League Express the announcement could be this week.

Oh and just in case, there is a second choice (SL) player who wants to come to us!

....and plenty more afterwards!

If we're not making a signing after all wouldn't it be best for the club to put us out of our (present) misery?

I think the coaching staff might remain tight lipped until after the rush for season tickets has died down. ;) Would be nice to know which bradford players might be offered though.

I heard Bulls legend Paul Deacon's brother, Joey, could be joining the Rams on DR.

Can anyone conform ?

I wish you'd hurry up and announce who this World Cup player is. I'm actually quite looking forward to finding out who the mystery man is. Having looked through the available threequarters from the World Cup squad lists, I have used my powers of deduction to conclude that the player concerned is likely to be Fijian.

I wish you'd hurry up and announce who this World Cup player is. I'm actually quite looking forward to finding out who the mystery man is. Having looked through the available threequarters from the World Cup squad lists, I have used my powers of deduction to conclude that the player concerned is likely to be Fijian.

Reading GM's comments in the press this morning, there are visa issues with the overseas player (quelle surprise) - he gives the impression that he couldn't care less if neither he nor the SL player sign up, as he feels the squad is already good enough. I can't help but think that our intention to sign a centre is as dead in the water as the RL's restructuring plans, and that the two might just be connected. ;) Think our best hope is to get Sam Wood on DR and hope we see as much of him as we did O'Brian.

Reading GM's comments in the press this morning, there are visa issues with the overseas player (quelle surprise) - he gives the impression that he couldn't care less if neither he nor the SL player sign up, as he feels the squad is already good enough. I can't help but think that our intention to sign a centre is as dead in the water as the RL's restructuring plans, and that the two might just be connected. ;) Think our best hope is to get Sam Wood on DR and hope we see as much of him as we did O'Brian.

The Visa problems associated with signing players from the World Cup was illustrated by Hull's failure to secure a work permit for Fiji's Vunikece. He played every game for Fiji during the WC and had been playing for Toulouse for the last two or three years - and yet still didn't 'qualify' for entry. Sheffield have found a way round this with their convenient Student Visa scheme - i.e. organising admission to Sheffield Hallam university courses for overseas players who wouldn't normally qualify to enter the country simply as professional RL players, but for the rest of us it's like piddling in the wind. I was amazed that you managed to obtain a work permit for Brad Watkinson last season, to be honest. Did he have a British passport?

According to the reporter it's a PNG according to Morrison

That's probably Joe Bond then. As he didn't make the PNG squad I can't see him getting a permit.

So like I said on Facebook

Not going to happen

I sometimes don't know why fan's torture themselves clinging onto rumours and false hopes... If it was gonna happen, it would have by now

Bringing the smell of warm coffee to the rose tinted brigade ;)

Well if they didn't operate like the C.I.A

And kept regular updates to the fans

The rumour mill wouldn't have to invent,blow up, or distort smoke screens about signings.

If there ain't any news, say there's no news,rather than leaving open questions of who we might be signing without names.

Hi Coolie,

Earlier in the thread we put out the following response:

"We are closing in on a replacement for centre Brad Watkinson.

The club has had constructive discussions with an overseas player who played in this year’s Rugby League World Cup. There are a number of formalities still to complete including the issue of a work permit by the Border Agency and the club aren’t prepared to release the name of the player at this stage.  As soon as we are in a position to release further information then we will do so.

Thank you for your patience."

I will address the remainder of your concerns –

1. Regular Updates

The club provides regular updates across Facebook, Twitter, this forum, the local Press, and directly from the club either via email, or on boards/flyers etc. For example, last week our Facebook updates reached over 1600 users from an audience of 1500. Our Twitter base continues to grow daily and we not only update fans, but converse with fans. Other than from yourself there has been no other criticism received regarding updates from the club.

2. Rumour Mill

The club works hard behind the scenes in all aspects of club operations. Not everything we do is successful, not everything works out as planned or hoped and often changes must be made last minute. The club takes the stance (as do all clubs) that we will not give our supporters false hope, or that we will build up things for them to fail. As previously explained, the situation regarding the potential signing is currently beyond our control.

3. Operating Like the CIA

The CIA is a secret organisation operated by the US government for the safety of its citizens. The CIA do not give regular updates of spies they have employed or are looking to employ. They do not sell replica suits, nor do they invite CIA fans to visit Langley to watch spies take on each other in a game of Rugby League. I find no connection between Dewsbury Rams and the C.I.A

4. No news, say no news

Following on from the previous comment in this thread where it was stated “As soon as we are in a position to release further information then we will do so” there has been no further comment because there is currently no further news. It would be pointless to write ‘there is no news’ every few days when it has already been addressed.

Hopefully this will address your concerns accordingly.

Have a great weekend.

Nice to know all of us with the first past the post info are keeping the lips sealed for once,

Hi Coolie,

Earlier in the thread we put out the following response:

"We are closing in on a replacement for centre Brad Watkinson.

The club has had constructive discussions with an overseas player who played in this year’s Rugby League World Cup. There are a number of formalities still to complete including the issue of a work permit by the Border Agency and the club aren’t prepared to release the name of the player at this stage.  As soon as we are in a position to release further information then we will do so.

Thank you for your patience."

I will address the remainder of your concerns –

1. Regular Updates

The club provides regular updates across Facebook, Twitter, this forum, the local Press, and directly from the club either via email, or on boards/flyers etc. For example, last week our Facebook updates reached over 1600 users from an audience of 1500. Our Twitter base continues to grow daily and we not only update fans, but converse with fans. Other than from yourself there has been no other criticism received regarding updates from the club.

2. Rumour Mill

The club works hard behind the scenes in all aspects of club operations. Not everything we do is successful, not everything works out as planned or hoped and often changes must be made last minute. The club takes the stance (as do all clubs) that we will not give our supporters false hope, or that we will build up things for them to fail. As previously explained, the situation regarding the potential signing is currently beyond our control.

3. Operating Like the CIA

The CIA is a secret organisation operated by the US government for the safety of its citizens. The CIA do not give regular updates of spies they have employed or are looking to employ. They do not sell replica suits, nor do they invite CIA fans to visit Langley to watch spies take on each other in a game of Rugby League. I find no connection between Dewsbury Rams and the C.I.A

4. No news, say no news

Following on from the previous comment in this thread where it was stated “As soon as we are in a position to release further information then we will do so” there has been no further comment because there is currently no further news. It would be pointless to write ‘there is no news’ every few days when it has already been addressed.

Hopefully this will address your concerns accordingly.

Have a great weekend.

The information provided by the club across a host of platforms has improved out of all proportion compared with previous seasons and I, for one, have no complaints with it; quite the opposite in fact.

Lmao

I love it that you have to bit ch & mIan

To get some kind of response & action

This I will continue to do because it works , were fed enough c.rap in the real world... And when it comes to our team shouldn't tolerate it.

What got my goat on this occasion is this

Brad dropped out leaving a hole unexpected yes, disappointed yes, but s.hit happens and the players wishes have to be put first when family is involved.

Then come the whispers of the world cup, who's coming who's not who can who can't

Some of names that get bounded about on here astound me sometimes..

It's annoying and frustrating for myself

To build yourself up thinking " maybe" "is it possible they would come"

To be let down when it turns out to be the same old c.rap

We all love and care for the team we follow, but it's hard unsure Times in the game at the moment... And if we're honest to ourselves.. A little worried how what we've known all our lives... This great little game of rugby league.

Maybe I'm trying to distance myself from

Hurt when it all collapses in my cynical views.

As a wise man said on boxing day who has had his own share of troubles to deal with

"Coolie you only say what people are thinking,so keep going"

If I'm guilty of honesty..... Shoot me!!!