Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

West Country Eagle

TRL Forum Final Meet-Up

21 posts in this topic

Having previously missed some Forum meet-ups (including the one in Huddersfield), I wondered whether there was any inclination for a set pub to meet up before the final on Saturday.

I don't know Salford/Old Trafford/Manchestaaaaah that well, so open to ideas… that is, of course, if anyone wants to meet up again so soon after the last one.

I promise to wear my Mighty Penguins shirt (it now fits, having not fit me properly first time round!)

I promise to wear my Mighty Penguins shirt (it now fits, having not fit me properly first time round!)

You've grown into it I assume, just like your mum said you would.  ;)

Love to meet up but the coach schedule does not allow any free time for such things unfortunately.

You've grown into it I assume, just like your mum said you would.  ;)

Love to meet up but the coach schedule does not allow any free time for such things unfortunately.

Actually, I've slimmed down, hence it fits properly - the reversal of the usual process. I've lost four or five stones, or something crazy like that, this year. I am now officially "normal sized" (according to one of my best mates here in Bristol, any way)

City arms off canal st normally good for gf. Rugby fans and handy for metro to exchange quays

The usual meet up spot is The Moon Under The Water on Deansgate, however nobody seemed to make it for the last GF.

City arms off canal st normally good for gf. Rugby fans and handy for metro to exchange quays

Think you've got pub or street name wrong

City arms is handy for metrolink but its not on canal st

The usual meet up spot is The Moon Under The Water on Deansgate, however nobody seemed to make it for the last GF.

I used to enjoy the annual GF drinkies At The Moon Under The Water. We must plan it for next season again. :drinks:

City Arms is on Kennedy Street- Canal St is a totally different location. City Arms has a cracking range of real ales on but is a tad small. Went to the Rain Bar before the Magic Weekend and the buzz was epic along with the outside food. Good beer again!

Canal Street...

Could be an interesting mix, drunken rugby lads and some butch women/effeminate blokes

Canal Street...

Could be an interesting mix, drunken rugby lads and some butch women/effeminate blokes

Discreet query: Are the first letters of each word still missing from the street sign. ;-)

Discreet query: Are the first letters of each word still missing from the street sign. ;-)

Discreet Answer: Walked along there on Sunday afternoon with the mrs on the way to the Xmas markets (well worth a visit by the way if you are in Mcr on Saturday!), didn't notice, but will look out for it next time!

Discreet Answer: Walked along there on Sunday afternoon with the mrs on the way to the Xmas markets (well worth a visit by the way if you are in Mcr on Saturday!), didn't notice, but will look out for it next time!

The markets are great if you're into glühwein, I'd recommend the Heidi, glühwein with a shot of schnapps in it.

It was like that years ago when I was last in the area, so unless the council has replaced it, it should still be quite a comical read given the context of the area.

The Knott opposite Deansgate Station is a good place if you like good ale and food.  Always lots for Rugby folk in there when a big match on in Manchester.  Even spotted Dave Hadfield writing up something before the GF this year.

The Knott opposite Deansgate Station is a good place if you like good ale and food.  Always lots for Rugby folk in there when a big match on in Manchester.  Even spotted Dave Hadfield writing up something before the GF this year.

Sounds like a good shout. Will also ask my Manchester connections for recommendations

Sorry was the city road inn I meant but also been in City arms. Normally been out all day in oldham before I get there hence why my bearings are all wrong

Waxy O'Connors is where we will be starting.

I once tried getting a free drink in there on account of having the same surname. It failed miserably, tight gets.

I once tried getting a free drink in there on account of having the same surname. It failed miserably, tight gets.

Coincidentally my first name is Waxy, I might try get a free drink.