Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Town Army

Pre-Season training

142 posts in this topic

Abu your boring mate - maybe you need to get out the clubs ###### and smell other than , we've signed nothing, and from what I'm told by an ex player last week there aren't many "irons in the fire" no news ever comes out of the club in the paper it's getting worrying as this happens year after year, I think it was 2 years ago they waited just before Christmas to sign thacks then a few followed but this year I have to say I am worried, we genuinely need 6-7 players in that squad at least and I just can't see us getting them, if we're relying on widnes then god help us, to me the duel reg was a Disaster for town with a club that as we saw in the cup game wasn't too far ahead of us !!!

Any merchandise out before Xmas? Shirts ? Market stall ? All this was well documented around this time last year

Disaster in that Paddy Flynn and Declan Hulme were 2 of our highest try scoters?

I think the splash page on the website says the shirts are on sale does it not?

But why let the facts get in the way of a wind up

Disaster in that Paddy Flynn and Declan Hulme were 2 of our highest try scoters?

I think the splash page on the website says the shirts are on sale does it not?

But why let the facts get in the way of a wind up

He's either on a wind up or clueless, either way its very boring now.

Ha those 2 a success ? Really ?? Coming from a full time environment .. Ha next you will be calling for the messiah craven !

So just the shirts are on sale then yes ? No hoodies ? Polos ?

Great stuff glad its all been cleared up

Ha those 2 a success ? Really ?? Coming from a full time environment .. Ha next you will be calling for the messiah craven !

why dont you do one? Your talking absolute garbage. If you are in fact a town fan then you should be ashamed because all you do is criticise us. If you are a haven fan then how you can call any other club is absolutely beyond me, especially a club whos been superior than yours for the past few years.

Ha really ? I'm a town fan just realist - just coz you happen to share the view of 5 or 6 other club ###### sniffers on here don't mean I can't have an opinion... Ask some of the players views on it... You'll see :)

There's nothing wrong with opinions , I like reading different opinions here . If everyone was a cheerleader this would be a boring place. I don't mind applauding where necessary and criticising with reasoning if I see fit . You have to call it as you see it realistically .As long as you don't mind being shot down if you put your head above the parapet - fair enough . But lets keep it all rugby related , reasoned and grown up.

All rugby and club opinions welcome , and opposite rebuttals. , but can we not keep out of the personal and abusive side ? We're all fans , I'm pretty sure , and ultimately have the same wishes ... If not how we achieve them !!!

I tend to agree with some of Townfan 10 views, we always seem late on the signings front, theirs never any news coming from the club even little bits of crack ,what's going on with Carter, Thacks?  we should be building  on from the fantastic world cup experience  we have just had, and why haven't we got a market stall in the town in the run up to Christmas, this weekend should have been the start of it, lights switched on and plenty going on, would of done Towns profile a world of good especially after the WC. No doubt we will get to know!

Thacks isn't coming back I've stated this time and time again!! Carter on the other hand will hopefully be the start of something getting put pen to paper

TF10 does have some valid points even if he is rubbing a few folk up IMO.

On the back of the RLWC I expected a bit more news from the club to try and keep interest going. Soon after we had the replica shirts info which was spot on and since then it's all been a bit quiet.

I know dealings with players can take time and I know the club will be doing all it can to get the best ones available for the budget but it has all gone a bit flat.

Fingers crossed this week it will all change.

I think without saying the BOD have got irons in the fire, better be patient and get the one,s we need,looking at most clubs forums there are not many have a full squad in place at this time .

Thacks isn't coming back I've stated this time and time again!! Carter on the other hand will hopefully be the start of something getting put pen to paper

No disrespect meant to you havenhater, but isn't this exactly what others are saying?    That information should be coming from the club not from you or anyone else by way of rumours.   The question has been asked many times about Thacks and until it's said "officially" then we have to think that he is still a Town player.

Fair point but we just need to come to the acceptance he isn't coming back, I wouldn't mind his old head up top but I just hope he is replaced with a jake emmit type which is talked about along with the obvious superstars we have lined up!!

Superstars .... As long as it isn't Brian Jacks and Keith Fielding . Ah , memories of youth ...

Staying in this league looks like it will be tough this year - I don't really mind who we sign if its giving locals a go then so be it - but please just get a squad that will be able to fulfill fixtures with a full 17 - not injured players on the bench who won't appear - for the past 3 years we have ran out of numbers - will we learn ?

Staying in this league - that is in the second tier - most probably means a top 9 finish . That is what should be at the forefront of minds , certainly in recruitment to start with . Cutthroat league .

In reality we are talking about four places not 9 as the top 5 will once again be there again so that leaves 4 from 9 that we are playing for.  Quite a challenge so we have to get it right.

Exactly right but year on year we have the same comments around this time of year and for the last few seasons the board have come up trumps and given us a team to shout about. Last season in a new division we finished below the top 5 who we all knew would be at the start of the season, Doncaster who wine £70k or whatever it was jn prize money and another established championship side in Dewsbury so I think we did very well.

We did very well , but this is another year , will be even tougher , with higher stakes and even more competitive.

Crusaders are a real bolter , and I think we're gonna have to go up another level to hold our position . The sooner our squad is integrated the better , as hitting the ground running could be key . Gonna be great viewing again and hopefully the support is there to

This time last year we had coyle / dowes / acton all signed up aswell as thacks maybe even walne , calderwood too I think we had to improve last years team a fair bit - especially in the backs - however we have now lost carter ? Calders ... Briscoe Flynn - and half the pack so were effectively starting again, I agree we need quality but we also need 23-24 players to compete for the full season, at the moment I can't see where the signings are coming from, most teams will have their combinations secured - only looking at add utility to their squad or a position which they find they lack in pre season....