Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Town Army

Pre-Season training

142 posts in this topic

So 2 less than them if you consider one isn't coming back and one is out for the season.

If Carter and Connor sign on that will make us equal so I don't see why havenfan10 is so worried about us.

I think Shacks could play a big part in the front row . He could get more game time there , and he impresses there with his mobility and speed , and he's got a good offload . He's not huge but he's big enough , and there's more props around who use mobility nowadays .

You didn't mention his 'step'?

Err , it was inclusive in mobility ( sideways and forwards ) ... He's a stepper , just like Phil Ford .

Holding out? Anyone who's out of contract and hasn't signed must be stupid to try and hold out whilst not getting paid - that's counterproductive.

Oh they get paid in the close season now ? Ha ha -

Don't worry there's plenty of time to build on what we HAD last season - nowt like starting again is there

Starting again signed 5 new players and all the others have been retained from last season

Oh they get paid in the close season now ? Ha ha -

Don't worry there's plenty of time to build on what we HAD last season - nowt like starting again is there

Are you not bored yet?

Yeah of course they get paid because the club's a bottomless pit of money??? Jarred and Brett get paid because they are employed by the club but I think youl find no one gets paid even when playing in pre season friendlies

Star again talking about Carter in a way presuming he's here . So are we to take that for granted then ?

Got told that brett carter's contract was up yesterday and if he did not sign a new contract his work with Marnie was over,apparantly with him being contracted to the RFL through Marnie he has to be contracted to the club also,I might be wrong on some point so appologies if I am but, I myself would think you would have to be contracted to the club to do the job,I do not know why Brett has left it to the last day but will be very happy for him to be back on board and maybe, he was a bit ###### off when Briscoe arrived on the scene but the way he played in the World cup for Scotland at Derwent park he deserves to be No1 for the full back position and has we have all seen he could turn out to be a match winner on the wing.I really hope he see's sense and gives us fans a big lift by signing on for the town. 

But some get contract money all year round I THINK YOULL FIND

what the f""k you writing in capitals for you knob,if there is players paid all year round there won't be many

Maybe a small handful ( 3 or 4 ) at most , but it's not the kind of thing we would or should know really , or anything worth arguing about . Getting the right quality and quantity on board is all that needs focusing on

Well if Whitehaven have 8 or 9 how many would you expect us to have??? Interesting terminology though, you can't beat an educated argument.

Yes agreed,actons shoes still havnt been filled in my eyes we are going to miss that go forward aggression...Leigh are going to be some team this year btw

I just cant understand why you are discussion players contract on this thread that is between the player and the club nothing to do with us end of,come on lads this was all started by the HAVEN SUPPORTER that calls himself TOWNFAN10 just ignore him.

What about London though and then getting replaced, How are they going to field a team in super league, fair enough Wakefield are in bother but have started buying in, London are up ###### creek!

Getting back to the squad i think most of us will be very disappiointed if we don,t see brett carter sign this week after been at training on thursday,when you think he could have had a rest like Brett Callum @ peter.

I don't know what's going on with London , and there's nothing in it for any club in our league to take their place ... Especially if the restructuring plans which were kicked into the long grass finally go through . That must be sorted soon . As usual the RFL have a total horlicks on their hands of their own making .