Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Town Army

Pre-Season training

142 posts in this topic

Well so far the team could be CARTER MILLER ROONEY MOSSOP HANLEY PHILLIPS LUPTON COWARD MATTY McAVOY STACK PHILLIPS OLSTROM SHACKLEY MORRIS ROWLANDSON LUCOCK GASKELL FORBER so far i think that compares  not to bad with last years team???? 

Wonder if we'll see Gaskell this year . They've invested a lot of time in him , sooner or later he needs a gig you'd think ?

Havenfan10 is just stirring it. We have 2 month to get our squad together so why don't you just pipe down

Ha ha mate - 2 month to GET FIT - run plays - time and time again - wok on defence - gel as a team both on and off the field - see when fev came up here and out 60 points on us - that kicking game wasn't by chance my boy it was hours on the training field - full pre seasons TOGETHER - partnerships built over seasons not just 2 weeks - so when ya mate takes it to the line you know how to run off it - which holes to hit - where to push and more importantly at the RIGHT TIME ... You cannot prepare for this standard in a few weeks its impossible - then we look to individuality - something were lacking

Ha ha mate - 2 month to GET FIT - run plays - time and time again - wok on defence - gel as a team both on and off the field - see when fev came up here and out 60 points on us - that kicking game wasn't by chance my boy it was hours on the training field - full pre seasons TOGETHER - partnerships built over seasons not just 2 weeks - so when ya mate takes it to the line you know how to run off it - which holes to hit - where to push and more importantly at the RIGHT TIME ... You cannot prepare for this standard in a few weeks its impossible - then we look to individuality - something were lacking

We will be fine we have to find the right players first ok

That's what I've been wrestling with. Both arguments are totally valid .

Not to mention from last years set up were also missing Martin oglanby ...

lol.its the fella off dads army-- we're all dooooooomed. There must be nowt to do on woodhouse

Well it's no different to how it's been for the last 2 seasons and we've finished above our not so noisy neighbours each season so I'm not panicking. The 60 points against featherstone also had something to do with them having far more money and some full time players

I would have a bet that was the only game that HAVEN10 had seen at derwent park last season?????

We must have too many players when the likes of Brett P and Deurden have been left out of some peoples teams !!! I forgot we had signed young Mcavoy on, just another two props to look for then !

We must have too many players when the likes of Brett P and Deurden have been left out of some peoples teams !!! I forgot we had signed young Mcavoy on, just another two props to look for then !

and from many peoples opinions lucock wont exactly be just a squad player.sounds as though he will be pushing for a starting 13.

Both young amateurs seem top lads from the whispers you here

On the subject of top amateurs, what's the position with young Forrester.   I know he got injured but is he on our radar?

On the subject of top amateurs ... Forrester is as top as it gets . BARLA young player was it ? Top kids like that must be on our radar ... You'd never turn them away . Hope the lad gets fit and firing in our setup. Even if this season is curtailed these lads are long term gems and investments.

On the subject of top amateurs, what's the position with young Forrester.   I know he got injured but is he on our radar?

I heard he will be out at least for the first few months of the season, but we had him signed up anyway. That was the general feeling not long after he had his injury, no idea how much truth there is in it.

It will be good to get a few friendly games lined up to see Duerden and Lucock be good to see what there like and I'm sure they will be push for the 13

I think LUCOCK plays at number 9 ,good understudy to MATTY,with CALLUM at 7 .

ive heard from sources that lucock could really push matty for that number 9.and having another proper hooker in the squad will be a great advantage as matty does have his shoulder problems

ive heard from sources that lucock could really push matty for that number 9.and having another proper hooker in the squad will be a great advantage as matty does have his shoulder problems

He may well share the hooker role with Matty but there's no way he will get the number 9 shirt.

Lucock will be a good lad to have on the bench  to give Matty a spell and let Callum play at 7 but no way will he get the 9 shirt of MATTY. 

Widnes just released their squad numbers on twitter players who played for us last year

Kavanagh 10

Lawton 19

Flynn 20

Craven21

Leuluai 24

Gore 27

Hulme 28

Tom Gilmore who a few widnes fans speak highly of got 26

Kavanagh in front of Leuluai ,leuluai had a realy good game for us would like him HULME and GILMORE they would do us fine.