Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Town Army

Pre-Season training

142 posts in this topic

24, 26 and 28 must be good for us ... Those three are out in the car park . Paddypingpong at 20 should be ok. , Lawton will play a big part down there I'd guess. Like to see how he comes on this year with that physique developing. . Kavanagh will be a cert there .

Yeh no doubt leuleuai is a more achievable target as he seems a bit in and out

yes your right RATBOY thats why i think it would give us a better chance of getting Leuluai and as i said had a good game for us.

I'd take Paddy abu as well ... Him and Haney and then that could give Eliott that chance in the centres ? Eliott and Rooney wouldn't be a bad partnership just to have a look at ? We talk of the 15/20 try centre , maybe he's already here but playing on the wing ? No harm to look at partnerships early doors and preseason

I have thought for a long time that Eliott at centre would give us a bit of speed and power there,but we have not had a winger good enough to replace him,Paddy could just be the man.

I don,t think CALLUM LUPTON HANLEY MILLER ROONEY PADDY would be a bad back line????

Abu I agree all those players would add strength to your squad. Trust me mate Tom Gilmore is a talent and in my opinion has more quality than Craven.U19 player of the year, and has been unlucky with injuries.Hope all goes well for Workington.

Could be a problem getting lads from Salford if there chairman as taking over at Swinton? 

I don,t think most supporters  realize the effort the lads put in to pre season training it is very though,and it makes you appreciate the dedication  these lads have,especially  when they have all been to work , and they all look very fit already.  

Fitness and conditioning has been a big part of our game the last two or three seasons . We may not be the most gifted but we play for the full 80 and that's been worth a few points to us . I think we should acknowledge the conditioning team more , they win games for us now and again .

Yes daveM Mathew and Butch do a great job for the club all in the back ground but are a very important part of the coaching staff.