Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Future is League

Complain to the BBC about this

86 posts in this topic

Its on my PC, even emptied cache and cleaned out cookies and it remained.

HOwever BBC weather is another matter. Mentioned the weather for rugby union in Wales and for football but apparently there is nothing going on in Manchester today.

The BBC obviously feel there isn't too much interest in rugby league from the visitors to their website outside of the UK. A little bit ironic considering it's the World Cup final today.

Its still only in the other sports section on my computor. For those posters who are in the same position as me contact the BBC compalints department. It woundn't have happened in it was the union final today,

ensure you use a green font when emailing the BBC  and start the message "why oh why oh why" for maximum effect!

I have just phoned the BBC complaints Dept. Managed to get the message across as calmly as possible, but raging inside. Got the man's name which is essential if you are going to get them focused.

He took on board the irony/coincidence of this happening on the eve of the World cup final and we had an interesting chat about it, but of course he is just a foot soldier.

I said they need to trace who's decision this was.

My brother lives in Manchester says he can still access the RL section on the main sports page,but it's just people outside the UK who can't they have to go the the other sports section.How can RL ever become a global sport when the BBC do everything to make sure the sport is confined next to Netball and Rowing in the OTHER SPORTS SECTION! ( Outraged RL fan from the States) Yes there are people outside the M62 corridor who love this GREAT SPORT. Sad.

Haven't seen the Rugby League link since I seen the thread early this morning (14 hours ago or something) and I have cleared cookies the works , strange 

Yes but are you paranoid enough?

You can never be paranoid enough.

Just typed bbc.co.uk into the url, clicked on Sport and there was RL where it has always been. I know that they also have an international site which may appear somewhat different but I think some are venting their spleen unnecessarily in this case.

Still there on Text- am I only one who laments the slow death of Ceefax/Teletext? Its 6th on Sport Under Headlines,Football,Cricket,F1, Union then Rugby league. Ought to complain about being behind F1, the ultimate elitist sport, where you need tens of millions just to qualify 20th!!.

No,my point is we are trying to get RL as much international coverage as possible,but yet on the eve of RLWC final the Beeb remove RL from anyone outside the UK on their Sports Website and drop it on the other sports pages next to Netball and rowing,sorry that's just not a coincidence no way.

It's disappeared for me in Spain. Where do I complain?

Gibraltar.

Gibraltar.

:tongue:  They wouldn't understand. they're all Spanish. Apart from the squaddies.

Has anyone else noticed that since the weekend Rugby League is now no longer one of the main sports listed under the "BBC Sport" banner on the BBC website and you now have to click on "More sport" to access it?

Cycling is listed there, as of course is rugby union, however it seems RL has been downgraded.

Has anyone else noticed that since the weekend Rugby League is now no longer one of the main sports listed under the "BBC Sport" banner on the BBC website and you now have to click on "More sport" to access it?

Cycling is listed there, as of course is rugby union, however it seems RL has been downgraded.

I've just gone to bbc.co.uk then clicked on sport and RL is the fifth banner on the top of the page. so no I haven't noticed it.

Very strange. It's definitely not there any more. I'm accessing it from overseas (Singapore) so maybe that has something to do with it.

It's displaying Football>>F1>>Cricket>>RU>>RL>>Tennis>>Golf>>Athletics>>SPOTY.

Move on, nothing to see here.

This has been done to death on another thread somewhere (maybe RLFans) - it seems to be the overseas version only. Ironic after such a successful World Cup.

This has been done to death on another thread somewhere (maybe RLFans) - it seems to be the overseas version only. Ironic after such a successful World Cup.

Depends. BBC Sport isn't some global behemoth. People going to BBC are probably looking for their general and world news. Imagine most sports page hits are British. I'm sure the Aussies got their World Cup news from their own media. 

I think the clue may lie in the "British" in BBC

I think the clue may lie in the "British" in BBC

BBC news/world news is a major global institution. BBC Sport might not be however. So yes, and no.