Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bbfaz

Where are we for 2014?

148 posts in this topic

There was, of course, a 3 division LARL competition in the mid 90's so a precedent. Read where the secreatary of the old LARL said he had regular and good interest from new payers/teams when the Beeb broadast RL regularly - I wonder if the prolonged incidence of televised games throughout the RLWC2013 has helped with profile at all?

I'm pretty certain of the lineup and only Fulham Foxes have "popped up" due to the World Cup. The rest are either long-planned or full of long-term players.

Just had a look at Hemels website and noticed there is now no mention of the 'A' team in their list of teams.  First team, U16, U14, U12 and minis only.  Hope this is just an oversight. 

Our reserves are in the London Premier and we also have a team in the Championship South U19's competition. Website will be updated when fixtures are confirmed.

Our reserves are in the London Premier and we also have a team in the Championship South U19's competition. Website will be updated when fixtures are confirmed.

Cheers HRL, good to hear.

Is that confirmed that they're in London Premier? Last I heard it was still to be determined

Going back to Exiled Townie's post, HRL has dispelled one rumour, Hemel A stay in the LPL. So, any positive news on the other rumoured team in trouble?

I believe SW London Chargers have a Bury lad in their midst? A convert from RU in a summer up North adding to the game down south...

Valley Cougars in as said a while back, also heard Chester

Oxford Cavaliers are the third new club I believe.

St Albans and Northampton are dropping down (the latter have it on their Facebook) so looks like 7 teams unless there's some surprises?

Southend have left London and South East for the East region, where they've been placed in the East Premier. Stunning rise for the mid-season addition to the London Entry League.

Just heard Eastern League is a six team Premiership, a first division and an entry league.  Can't confirm which teams are in which league.  Season launch (not sure if that's the first round of games or a 'get together' discussion day is 16th March.

Hopefully make up of the London Prem and South East Leagues will be announced soon.

Just heard Eastern League is a six team Premiership, a first division and an entry league.  Can't confirm which teams are in which league.  Season launch (not sure if that's the first round of games or a 'get together' discussion day is 16th March.

Kings Lynn, St Ives, Bedford, Southend, North Herts and Milton Keynes are the teams in the top league. No idea about the rest. 16 March isn't the first game for us as our first is a potential 9s tournament on 3 May.

16th March will be a meeting and tea and biscuits.

You are Tony Hannan and I claim my chocolate digestive.

Enfield Enforcers' Twitter account has disappeared so I assume their quest for players, volunteers and sponsors hasn't been successful.

Any news on anybody else?  South London?  Eastbourne?

16th March will be a meeting and tea and biscuits.

Where is it?

St Ives, I believe

B#####! Any timings? Might give big Reggie a ring and find out...

I must also get my sorry self up to St Albans to help with the coaching!

I've not been paying attention. What tier is this now?

Tier 5 South Region 1 Sector 5G Cadre 8X