Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Copa

USA governing bodies (Merged threads)

64 posts in this topic

Steve Mascord - Rival bodies still at war in USA

Interesting stuff. Looking at the usarl site they only have 6 teams so a. They need raiders to join up really and what 3 new teams in the south east to create this conference? Should be interesting

Interesting stuff. Looking at the usarl site they only have 6 teams so a. They need raiders to join up really and what 3 new teams in the south east to create this conference? Should be interesting

I'm going to guess one is from Atlanta. Not sure on the others tbh, hopefully one is from NC. 

Monday Jan 20 - Hear live on radio, and TV, the major Rugby League announcement for USA Rugby League and the creation of the Southeastern Conference that will contain the The Jacksonville Axemen. 3.30pm Monday afternoon on The Mike Dempsey Show, Mike Dempsey will host Spinner Howland for the exclusive release. People in Jacksonville can listen at 92.5fm or 1010am on 1010XL Radio. Those from other parts of the USA or International locations can listen via the LIve Stream link at http://www.themikedempseyshow.com/

For thsoe unable to listen at 3.30pm a TV segment will air with Sam Kouvaris on Jacksonville Channel 4 News ( WJXT4 The Local Station) during the 6pm hour sports section. Both Mike and Sam have been great media partners for the Axemen over the years and we are excited to partner with them for this release.

Radio 3.30pm / TV - 6pm sports news / and then full press rleases will be posted at www.usarl.com and www.jaxaxe.com

And, just for a moment, I thought we were heading for rugby league recognition by the SEC.

Never mind, I suppose unification and positive steps towards securing the game will have to do.

Just caught the end of the radio broadcast. Spinner comes across very well indeed, as far as I can tell it'll be a south east conference of the jaxaxe, Atlanta and Orlando and Daytona stepping up! Interesting times

Tampa also :)

Spinner heavily suggested that Souths are to like up officially with Atlanta, happy days for RL

Tampa also :)

Spinner heavily suggested that Souths are to like up officially with Atlanta, happy days for RL

Cool. OOI, why doesn't Russell Crowe do any promotion in LA for RL or Souths? You could have a pre-season friendly over there and get the Hollywood-based Aussies promoting it.

It would be great to see some teams starting up in California, as well as the SW. 

A damning email really. The standards led non pie in the sky thinking of the usarl is the only way forward even without reunification.

What a mess. As in the law changes unilaterally made by Australia, this dispute and the Italian situation highlight the need for the RLIF to be given real authority and preside over law changes and governing national body disputes such as this one and that their decisions be adhered to world wide. 

The boss of the RFL and the NRL and the NZ RL need to get together and thrash out this matter. They control the money in the sport and money talks.

The USRL even as the situation is with the RLIF at present should contact them and petition to have the USRL recognised as the governing body of RL in the USA.  The dying AMNRL has server it's purpose but has lost it's way and needs to be replaced with the bigger and more progressive USARL.

In the same way that the welsh RL have split from the RFL and now govern the game in Wales, the governing body in the USA, whoever is eventually in charge need to run the game for the benefit of RL in the USA and be free from foreign interference as opposed to foreign assistance which is another animal entirely.

I took a little bit of flak during the World Cup because I said that while it was entertaining and competitive, it wasn't a World Cup at all.  The bulk of the teams were reliant on Australia or England or New Zealand and those that weren't got knocked out of the box quickly.  Nice to see one of the US clubs agreed with me that this does more harm than good.

So 6 in the NE competition and 4 in SE one? I guess New Haven and Oneida aren't coming back then

So 6 in the NE competition and 4 in SE one? I guess New Haven and Oneida aren't coming back then

I guess so.

Brooklyn Kings, apparently.

1662161_742561192450564_1389218032_n.jpg

Oneida were possibly hubristic in hindsight, as having two teams in Boston weakened both clubs.  Regretfully, having one club in Boston is probably wiser.  Having seen it for myself, Copenhagen could split into a few clubs, but we are sticking with one in the whole city.

New Haven are just gone and that is a shame.

We are looking to relaunch Oneida FC in the future (Possibly in the state of New Hampshire). We have a bit of interest in our u23 program from players in NH and a coach in South East Maine so the viability of a NH/Oneida relaunch is certainly something for us to monitor going forward.

We are looking to relaunch Oneida FC in the future (Possibly in the state of New Hampshire). We have a bit of interest in our u23 program from players in NH and a coach in South East Maine so the viability of a NH/Oneida relaunch is certainly something for us to monitor going forward.

Brilliant!