Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Copa

USA governing bodies (Merged threads)

64 posts in this topic

So 6 in the NE competition and 4 in SE one? I guess New Haven and Oneida aren't coming back then

What kind of budgets do these clubs have? How about AMNRL or USARL... how much money do they have?

So the AMNRL aren't members of the RLIF, so how can they be the 'officially recognized governing body'? Also why are they allowed to enter qualifiers without being a member?

I assume they hold "Observer" status

So the AMNRL aren't members of the RLIF, so how can they be the 'officially recognized governing body'? Also why are they allowed to enter qualifiers without being a member?

The USA are ranked number 10, so they are recognised.  

http://www.rlif.com/rankings

What kind of budgets do these clubs have? How about AMNRL or USARL... how much money do they have?

Our budget for this season will be between $20000 & $25000. All will need to be raised by sponsorship, player dues, memberships and merchandise sales.

Our budget for this season will be between $20000 & $25000. All will need to be raised by sponsorship, player dues, memberships and merchandise sales.

Thank you for your answer. 

Do you reckon that's the typical budget for a USARL/AMNRL?

Some clubs could probably run a season on $7500 with a free facility and not buying a new uniform each year. As we are right in the city costs are a bit higher and we'll also have the biggest travel costs now the Axemen don't have to fly to each game.

Some clubs will probably spend $10000 while others maybe $50000. It all depends on the $$ you can generate really.

Some clubs could probably run a season on $7500 with a free facility and not buying a new uniform each year. As we are right in the city costs are a bit higher and we'll also have the biggest travel costs now the Axemen don't have to fly to each game.

Some clubs will probably spend $10000 while others maybe $50000. It all depends on the $$ you can generate really.

So, the whole fuss about the US having semi-pro RL is BS, right?

Yeah there isn't semi-pro teams as we would define them in the UK (I'm from the UK).

When I first arrived I asked about people throwing the 'semi-pro' tag around and was told that in the US it is classed as semi-pro if the players don't pay any dues (subs). If that is correct then some of the teams probably fit that definition. We charged no dues the season I arrived (2012) but had to charge them in 2013 due to the owner moving on.

Philly Fight win the USARL 9s beating PA Bulls (AMNRL) in the final. There were two other AMNRL teams involved (Connecticut and Bucks County), whilst there was also Duhaney Park from Jamaica and a side from the Great Plains.

The USARL season starts next weekend, but we're still yet to hear anything about the make up for the AMNRL season, with clubs, numbers and fixtures. Time for the RLIF to pass down the baton to the USARL.