Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Barnie

Todays the day!

13 posts in this topic

According to the trust website today will be when the take over of the club will be complete. Then tomorrow is when the trust hears about what's happened.

Well lets hope this isn't another 'the new ground will be completed by...' style promise as I im fed up of being messed about.

Anyone predicted where it will appear first (?)

a) Swinton Lions Website

B) Lions Trust Website

c) This forum

d) Someone else forum

e) BBC

f) Love Rugby

g) Poster in Chappels the Butchers

h) Swinton Town Crier

j) from someone who reckons he knew but he was sworn to secrecy so could only tell us after the news came out

I think it is Dr Koukash,seeing as it has been in the MEN,I think that it will probably be true as that paper more often than not is right when it comes to local teams,be it United,City(sorry for swearing)or any other local club in any sport.

Think there are few on here who would suggest that if Swinton are ever mentioned in the MEN then it is usually incorrect in some way.

Some promising tweets suggesting that we might see one or two familiar faces back with us next season.

Someone told me today that it was in the M.E.N. about Dr K's bid for the club. So later while I was in Morrisons I though I'd buy a copy (not done that for ages). Checked through a copy before putting my hand in my pocket and it was a good job I did because right in the middle of Barker's usual OTT propaganda on his favourite subject (the Pinks) there was just ONE sentence mentioning the Lions. I bet it nearly gave him a funny turn to have to include us in his mundane efforts. The one sentence was...                                                                                

Meanwhile, Koukash could complete his planned buyout of neighbours Swinton before the end of the Christmas period

And that, me dears, is yer lot!

:santablack: