Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

marshy1

Players Signed

28 posts in this topic

Darren Hawkyard starts the ball rolling at long last, puts pen to paper on a one year deal according to his Facebook status.

Just seen now, fantastic news.

Im guessing things have moved forward with the take over today then.

Hopefully were making good progress......

Wayne

Hopefully there will be a few more of the old faithfulls following him, and a call from Darren to his kid brother giving him a nudge!!,!

Awesome, defo looks like somethings happening behind the scenes.

Dale Cunniffe Dale Cunniffe

Best signing news (if true)

Ha ha. I'm over the moon if we start off with him Daz and Morrison

There is others saying they have signed aswell over on Twitter if you look through the lads tweets... so cant wait for the season to start 

Twitter rumblings (for those interested) include - Ritchie Hawkyard, James Brown, Daz Hawkyard, Mike Morrison, Dale Cunniffe, Josh Barlow, Mick (Nanyn?), Jack Cooper (+ a few others)

Nothing confirmed - just chatter

Twitter rumblings (for those interested) include - Ritchie Hawkyard, James Brown, Daz Hawkyard, Mike Morrison, Dale Cunniffe, Josh Barlow, Mick (Nanyn?), Jack Cooper (+ a few others)

No smoke without fire...

Twitter rumblings (for those interested) include - Ritchie Hawkyard, James Brown, Daz Hawkyard, Mike Morrison, Dale Cunniffe, Josh Barlow, Mick (Nanyn?), Jack Cooper (+ a few others)

Sonny Bill?

How many more to sign for salfords feeder club as described in this weeks advertiser.

Never read it, but it does make excellent kindling.  Not so good as toilet roll though.

Ian Watson,Mark Smith. Pleased about Morrison not sure about Cunniffe returning,hope he proves me wrong and Australia has improved him. Gives 100% but to small for pack and not fast enough for backs.

I think at this

Ian Watson,Mark Smith. Pleased about Morrison not sure about Cunniffe returning,hope he proves me wrong and Australia has improved him. Gives 100% but to small for pack and not fast enough for backs.

. I think at this late stage it's all about getting numbers on board!

I agree hes not the biggest but he more than makes up for that with his tackling

If we are signing players who exactly is doing the negotiation as we still don't know what is happening with regard to ownership of the club.  I thought there might have been another update from the Trust today as they were supposed to be meeting with Paul Kidd.  Does anyone know if the meeting happened?

I believe a statement is on the Trust website but in a nut shell the meeting was called off as the club hadn't heard back from one of the investors and also Blake Solly of the RL had to call off the meeting today, hopefully now to take place on Monday.

Subsequently due to a lack of anything to report it was duly cancelled.

I believe a statement is on the Trust website but in a nut shell the meeting was called off as the club hadn't heard back from one of the investors and also Blake Solly of the RL had to call off the meeting today, hopefully now to take place on Monday.

Subsequently due to a lack of anything to report it was duly cancelled.

Thanks for the clarification. 

Would appear that the RFL rep has cancelled on a couple of occasions now.............so glad to see Swinton's future is on the RFL's priority list............:(

Would appear that the RFL rep has cancelled on a couple of occasions now.............so glad to see Swinton's future is on the RFL's priority list............:(

The RFL showed exactly where its priorities lay, by at best turning a blind eye to the blatant abuse of the DR system by the Lions and Wolves last season. I still wonder whether the RFL actually gave encouragement to the two clubs to "work the rules", to help avert criticism going its way from the Wolves management. They have turned bending over backwards to the money men into a chaotic artform.

It appears that facing up to Swintonians is right at the bottom of the priorities for not only the RFL, but also for the present owners and prospective new owners - which gives me a sense of foreboding about what the future of the club is going to look like, when its eventually unveiled to the unworthy masses.

Beit Warrington reserves or a Salford feeder team - thanks, but no thanks!