Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Futtocks

Another Tomahawk snapped up!

6 posts in this topic

After Mark Offerdahl, now another USA player.

Sheffield Eagles have signed Lelauloto Tagaloa who played for the USA in the Rugby League World Cup.

The, 26-year-old, 6ft 3in tall centre - nicknamed Loto - joins on a two-year deal subject to being granted a visa to play in the UK. Eagles’ coach Mark Aston had chance to see Tagaloa in action during the World Cup when he made two appearances.

LINK TO ARTICLE

After Mark Offerdahl, now another USA player.

Sheffield Eagles have signed Lelauloto Tagaloa who played for the USA in the Rugby League World Cup.

The, 26-year-old, 6ft 3in tall centre - nicknamed Loto - joins on a two-year deal subject to being granted a visa to play in the UK. Eagles’ coach Mark Aston had chance to see Tagaloa in action during the World Cup when he made two appearances.

LINK TO ARTICLE

Be interesting to see if he manages to get a work permit, and if so, how he goes. I understand Fev had one of the squad lined up part way through last season, but the deal fell apart when he couldn't get the necessary paperwork.

Be interesting to see if he manages to get a work permit, and if so, how he goes. I understand Fev had one of the squad lined up part way through last season, but the deal fell apart when he couldn't get the necessary paperwork.

It'll boil down to his pedigree, I believe. He doesn't appear to have played at anything above amateur level in a club context, so he might struggle.

I don't know if it was mentioned elsewhere, but Bureta Faraimo (the winger who picked up and dumped Papalii in the QF) has been signed by Parra. He had an impressive tournament.

I don't know if it was mentioned elsewhere, but Bureta Faraimo (the winger who picked up and dumped Papalii in the QF) has been signed by Parra. He had an impressive tournament.

Nope, hadn't seen that reported anywhere.