Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Viking Warrior

great news from widnes

38 posts in this topic

Posted · Hidden by ckn, December 5, 2013 - No reason given

double post

We know! There's no need to keep banging on about it! :P

All grounds have posts at each end, or are they having 2 sets at each end?

daft sods read the other one...........

no it double posted..........

What return is paid on this "investment" ?

Pleasure and the satisfaction of being involved with the club and a bit of harmless kudos

Great news but isn't there another thread already about this? ;)

There's thread after thread of self penned good news stories regarding investments and sponsorships at Widnes.

The common denominator is you never get told how much is the sponsorship worth, or you never get told if the guy will want his money back later.

Exactly.

Exactly.

Not only that we don't get told whether for every £1,000 these people put in Mr. "I'm taking a back seat" O'Connor puts £1,000 less in.

We can go on the transfer dealings I suppose. Mr. real money Koukash's signings record is extensive. How about Widnes's recruitment?

Reads to me like he's increased his share ownership rather than invested in the club, presumably other shareholders have now "un-invested" as there ownership share decreased.  Interesting to Widnes fans perhaps, but not what I'd class as good news unless he's now to embark on a cash injection to the actual club.

It seems odd that fans of other clubs are so negative about this.

Maybe it isn't "new" money, but it reduces the reliance on O'Connor and his money.

That must be a good thing?

It's great to see some fans happy with their club, we have enough doom without searching for it.

Reads to me like he's increased his share ownership rather than invested in the club, presumably other shareholders have now "un-invested" as there ownership share decreased.  Interesting to Widnes fans perhaps, but not what I'd class as good news unless he's now to embark on a cash injection to the actual club.

Could potentially be new shares in the club, so not necessarily "uninvestment" elsewhere. Nice to see some good news in amongst all the negativity anyway, even if it's just a bit of a fanfare over nothing. Nowt that certain other clubs the other side of the pennines are doing as well, eh VW. ;)

Not only that we don't get told whether for every £1,000 these people put in Mr. "I'm taking a back seat" O'Connor puts £1,000 less in.

We can go on the transfer dealings I suppose. Mr. real money Koukash's signings record is extensive. How about Widnes's recruitment?

actually parky you are a bitter and twisted individual, a club announces something positive of the finances and you can't wait to put the boot in. yes we have had a lot of threads about the investment at widnes, perhaps that't because there has been quite a lot of it this year. as regards koukash and his signings, well good luck to the man but at widnes we know what it is like to spend beyond your means and go into administration as a result, it's just a pity that other clubs are not as frugal when it comes to the financial side of club management. but don't let that spoil your once again self importance trip.......you sad little man!!

actually parky you are a bitter and twisted individual, a club announces something positive of the finances and you can't wait to put the boot in. yes we have had a lot of threads about the investment at widnes, perhaps that't because there has been quite a lot of it this year. as regards koukash and his signings, well good luck to the man but at widnes we know what it is like to spend beyond your means and go into administration as a result, it's just a pity that other clubs are not as frugal when it comes to the financial side of club management. but don't let that spoil your once again self importance trip.......you sad little man!!

A public note as this is beginning to creep into more and more posts on this forum, rather than simply moderating this with the individuals involved I think we're at the point where we need to be public with the moderation.  We're all for robust posting and rebuttal of posts that you disagree with, including ridiculing daft statements, but we draw the line when it starts to get personal like this.  There are many different ways that this post could have been dealt with and avoided moderator attention, getting personal isn't one of them.  Please stop.

Jesus Parky you are miserable old sod.

Can't bear a bit of good news can you?

If doom and gloom is your bag, ###### off to the Hunslet forum.

A public note as this is beginning to creep into more and more posts on this forum, rather than simply moderating this with the individuals involved I think we're at the point where we need to be public with the moderation.  We're all for robust posting and rebuttal of posts that you disagree with, including ridiculing daft statements, but we draw the line when it starts to get personal like this.  There are many different ways that this post could have been dealt with and avoided moderator attention, getting personal isn't one of them.  Please stop.

Disagree

Parky's post got precisely the treatment it deserved.

Disagree

Parky's post got precisely the treatment it deserved.

Unfortunately, that's not your call.  We set a standard that we impose across the entire forum.  It'll not exactly be a surprise to many on here that we take a very hard line on some things, including personal abuse.  If someone posts something idiotic or borderline trolling then you can ridicule it quite heavily or rebut it strongly but resorting to personal abuse gets our interest in the wrong way.

Whether its new money or not doesn't matter. A bit of (good) news management is always welcome.

Other clubs could take a leaf out of Widnes' book and spin the good news stories out as often as you can. Clubs should have these stock piled for close season and be trotting them out on a regular basis.

Unfortunately, that's not your call.  We set a standard that we impose across the entire forum.  It'll not exactly be a surprise to many on here that we take a very hard line on some things, including personal abuse.  If someone posts something idiotic or borderline trolling then you can ridicule it quite heavily or rebut it strongly but resorting to personal abuse gets our interest in the wrong way.

There's no personal abuse in VW's post

There's no personal abuse in VW's post

I think opening with "actually parky you are a bitter and twisted individual" and then closing with "you sad little man!! " may be what ckn is talking about.

That seems a bit personal to me.

I give up, I really do...  A lot of posts hidden to try to get back to the original, genuinely positive note of the thread.  I decided it was very unlikely to get back on track if I left the negative stuff there so it's been tidied away to give the thread a fresh start.

I think opening with "actually parky you are a bitter and twisted individual" and then closing with "you sad little man!! " may be what ckn is talking about.

That seems a bit personal to me.

I assumed that was what had irked the mods, I don't agree that it's personal abuse.  But hey ho.