Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Viking Warrior

great news from widnes

38 posts in this topic

Positive investment in RL shocker ,

shouldn't  be allowed .

Don't you know the World Cup is over now & upbeat stories are at odds with the Wakefield wobble, - Bronco's Busted, & Bradford's 'even more badly manged than the Co-op Bank ' stories.  

Whether its new money or not doesn't matter. A bit of (good) news management is always welcome.

Do we want it both ways? We always want the truth which is what everyone is congratulating the Bradford board for, yet spin stories keep the facts from us? This is a debate site, and we aren't the general public?

Do we want it both ways? We always want the truth which is what everyone is congratulating the Bradford board for, yet spin stories keep the facts from us? This is a debate site, and we aren't the general public?

Think I'm with you Parky, suprised people are getting so defensive because the bunting isn't being rolled out by all.

Not having read the posts that's been deleted hard to judge if they were overly negative, but stand by my point this maybe of interest to Widnes fans, but not seeing a massive "good news" story myself in the detail of the article linked, bloke buys more shares, so either someone has sold them there share or collectively the Widnes board have diluted there holding to give him a greater slice of the pie.

Now if the story had said I've bought more shares and I'm investing X into the actual club instead of the pockets of other shareholders then for me that'd be the time to be cracking open the good news threads - but its just a message board with differing opinions not seeing a need for people to get precious over it.

Think I'm with you Parky, suprised people are getting so defensive because the bunting isn't being rolled out by all.

Not having read the posts that's been deleted hard to judge if they were overly negative, but stand by my point this maybe of interest to Widnes fans, but not seeing a massive "good news" story myself in the detail of the article linked, bloke buys more shares, so either someone has sold them there share or collectively the Widnes board have diluted there holding to give him a greater slice of the pie.

Now if the story had said I've bought more shares and I'm investing X into the actual club instead of the pockets of other shareholders then for me that'd be the time to be cracking open the good news threads - but its just a message board with differing opinions not seeing a need for people to get precious over it.

When a story says a club has had money put into it I think "great" and can't help asking "how much". Let's take Mr. Nahaboo's £100,000 he put into the club to take it forward. Great story. Widnes never say how much.

the facts are that roddy has bought extra shares in the club thus increasing his personal stake and providing more finance for the development of the club, why is it that a good news story from a super league club is met with an onslaught of negativity from the usual suspects. yes a club has positive financial news and is on a secure footing.......shock horror!!!

the facts are that roddy has bought extra shares in the club thus increasing his personal stake and providing more finance for the development of the club, why is it that a good news story from a super league club is met with an onslaught of negativity from the usual suspects. yes a club has positive financial news and is on a secure footing.......shock horror!!!

The thing is though, we don't know if it is putting money into the club. It could very well be that he's bought shares from another director which means he is putting money into that director's pocket. Or it could be the current shareholders have created new shares and these have been sold to the new guy, in which case it is money gong into the club. We just don't know which one it is. You shouldn't take it personally.

That said, it is probably better for a club to have a broad base of shareholders rather than be reliant on one man.

In any event it's good for the Club that he has the confidence in them to take up a bigger shareholding.

the facts are that roddy has bought extra shares in the club thus increasing his personal stake and providing more finance for the development of the club, why is it that a good news story from a super league club is met with an onslaught of negativity

It's great news VW and you intimate it's additional shares via the word "extra", the only issue is, in this case and in the case of sponsorship deals you inform us of, you never say how much these are worth? On 6,000 crowds like several club you have a shortfall to make up. If the xtra shares are just a one off £50,000, then that's £50K towards Widnes's aims, and nobody can knock that.

If the gentleman had pledged £1 Million a year for life I bet you'd have told us that figure. No need to be defensive on the figures we all want the best for Widnes, but we are all interested in the full facts.

if anything with bradford going bust widnes will be able to get a few more players..... always look on the bright side

i'm not being defensive, none of our directors haven't publicised the amount of investment in the club but rest assured the plan is to take the club to the next level of super league development whilst at the same time remaining financially solvent. from what we have been told a substantial amount has been invested in the club by roddy, and that it will help to further develop the club as a going concern...

i'm not being defensive, none of our directors haven't publicised the amount of investment in the club but rest assured the plan is to take the club to the next level of super league development whilst at the same time remaining financially solvent. from what we have been told a substantial amount has been invested in the club by roddy, and that it will help to further develop the club as a going concern...

Good luck with it.....

It seems odd that fans of other clubs are so negative about this.

Maybe it isn't "new" money, but it reduces the reliance on O'Connor and his money.

That must be a good thing?

It's great to see some fans happy with their club, we have enough doom without searching for it.

exactly

exactly

Seconded