Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheTerminator

Nelson Mandela - other subjects

272 posts in this topic

NBA star Dennis Rodman has been to North Korea recently and sang Happy Birthday to the Great Leader.

Some funny people knocking about!

There is a bizarre interview with him during the rounds on the Internet on that very subject. He clearly isn't in his right mind. Or any kind of mind at all.

NS has a GCSE in Economics you know!

It doesn't get any funnier by repeating it.

There is a bizarre interview with him during the rounds on the Internet on that very subject. He clearly isn't in his right mind. Or any kind of mind at all.

Rodman was always a deeply unpleasant person.  He now seems to be deeply unpleasant and epically disturbed.

I see a former Prime Minister who was a terrorist has died!

Just seen a bit on the news where they were interviewing a Palestinian woman who said 'I hope god is torturing him' so it's not quite the love in that Mandela had.

Not only were they awful repressive states but they were, in fact, much worse than South Africa. The South Africans did a lot of dreadful things but genocide wasn't one of them. I don't get the whole South African focus, what else is there apart from skin colour that could make it worse than Burma or Indonesia?

Yes the USA was one of them.

Now, you are just trolling.

Do you know nothing about "Jim Crow?"  The US (especially the South) was more or less an unofficial apartheid state.  What do you think Martin Luther King was marching and speaking about?

Then you have a strange sense of humour.

No. Pomposity is always funny, look at Capt. Mainwaring!

Posted · Hidden by ckn, January 12, 2014 - No reason given

No. Pomposity is always funny, look at Capt. Mainwaring!

WearyRhino (the rest cut by CKN)

Do you know nothing about "Jim Crow?"  The US (especially the South) was more or less an unofficial apartheid state.  What do you think Martin Luther King was marching and speaking about?

We're talking about the Thatcher era. The Jim Crow laws were long gone by her time. I'd have thought you would have noticed that all footage of MLK is in black and white.

WearyRhino is clearly very ill and has huge problems in his life. Being rude and aggressive on the Internet is obviously his very poor way to attempt to deal with his demons. I see nothing funny about it.

How dare you use my mental health as a way of defending your own arrogant pomposity? You accuse me of being rude and aggressive with one of the most rude and aggressive posts I've read on here.

How dare you use my mental health as a way of defending your own arrogant pomposity? You accuse me of being rude and aggressive with one of the most rude and aggressive posts I've read on here.

That's the way it comes across to me. There is no need to try to get under my skin by making out that I'm claiming to know about human rights abuses round the world "because I have a GCSE in economics" (which I don't) nor take a shot at Wolford when he said he was interested in in social history. It added nothing to the debate and was just a cheap shot. I wasn't even discussing economics nor was I talking much to you at the time.

It's not like I ever claimed to be an expert on anything "because I have a degree in economics". I only ever brought it up because you were going on about how I clearly know nothing and should try reading a book on economics. Since then you've had a "thing" about it, no idea why - it's not like having a degree is such a big deal these days.

Now I'm not taking the XXXX out of your health problems (which I share to some extent - though not as serious). That I can sympathise with. Depression isn't funny, nor is seeing your kids irregularly. 

That's the way it comes across to me. There is no need to try to get under my skin by making out that I'm claiming to know about human rights abuses round the world "because I have a GCSE in economics" (which I don't) nor take a shot at Wolford when he said he was interested in in social history. It added nothing to the debate and was just a cheap shot.

Now I'm not taking the XXXX out of your health problems (which I share to some extent - though not as serious). That I can sympathise with. Depression isn't funny, nor is seeing your kids irregularly.

So more pompous arrogance as you try to defend a bigoted attack on someones mental health issues. If you cannot see the difference between a humorous dig at someone and what you posted then you shouldn't be a moderator (and I've only just discovered to my shock that you are).

So more pompous arrogance as you try to defend a bigoted attack on someones mental health issues. If you cannot see the difference between a humorous dig at someone and what you posted then you shouldn't be a moderator (and I've only just discovered to my shock that you are).

I'm not attacking you, I was replying to Trojan about why I don't find it funny. I see a lot of mental health issues on the net and they aren't funny.

And I don't find your digs particularly humourous - they are unnecessary. What's the point in trying to wind up either me or Wolford? 

I'm an NCL moderator, it means nothing on here.

edit: I am sorry if you see any kind of attack on your mental health. It was not meant that way. Like I said, I've plenty of experience with similar issues myself. I also have depression, I also see my kids only at weekends. I've never attempted suicide but my uncle and aunt both killed themselves.

If someone makes the brave decision to share very sensitive personal issues like depression then it's never acceptable to use that against them, even if you think your post isn't that bad.  This is a subjective matter of interpretation when it comes to these posts rather than what any non-connected person may think objectively.

Having a look back at the last couple of pages, it's probably time to let this thread rest now.