Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

roughyedspud

wtf....league v union

173 posts in this topic

Yes.  This is a much better idea than a State of Origin match or any other idea at all ever.

FFS.

its bleeding ridiculous...

england are ment to be in australia for the 4nations...you think the NRL clubs are gonna release the burgii & tomkins for a non-test all the way back in england....never gonna happen..

what the hell is nigel wood playing at???

No, no, no, no.......why?  Aside from raising cash, this isn't what's needed. SOO or an NRL game or an RL international.  Not a "hybrid" league v union game.

No thanks

This has got to be a ###### take.

Website doesn't look very polished, probably some pimply Aussie teenager with way too much time on his hands messing about in his room.

It looks like a wind up to me. What credibility does this publication have? The reference to Wood is mighty tenuous in my mind and people shouldn't start getting too worked up about it.

No thanks

Likewise. "played under NRL rules" sounds fishy to me even allowing for the Aussie insularity.

im positive this won't happen...the NRL clubs won't realese the burgii,tomkins,graham,widdop,mossop etc...

Likewise. "played under NRL rules" sounds fishy to me even allowing for the Aussie insularity.

plus wembley doesn't hold 92k

Play the league half first and the Wallabies will be beyond knackered for the second half!!

Weird, how are they expecting to raise $20m, there just isn't the interest in hybrid/cross code games. All seems a bit desperate from both sides

A hybrid game sounds great to me. Take the best part of Rugby League (all of it) and the best part of Union (the sponsors, money,marketing teams) and it should be a belting game.

Yes I noticed that .Are the aussies now calling RL NRL like the Americans game is NFL?

I've just seen the article on the main Courier Mail site and it is penned by "friend" to the RLWC Phil Rothfield. There would be little interest for it here. RL fans would see the Wallabies as sub-standard compared with the Kangaroos anyway. I would have no interest in seeing the fixture and would actively avoid it. All I care about is international RL.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/whats-the-buzz-rugby-league-versus-rugby-union-in-code-clash-next-year/story-fniabjcr-1226777891743