Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

troutmaster

Havens new signings?

72 posts in this topic

I must have been looking at the wrong post HAVEN10 was,ent it you that said there would,ent be enough for 2 five a side at training?????

Well I said everyone is entitled to their reasoned opinions ... And it slightly grates me that any comment putting a spotlight on recruitment is always seen as hysterical panic ! It's not. , it's just debate , and a debate that will be going on at every club no doubt . We have a slow and steady approach in preseason , and whatever's happened before it's not guaranteed it's all smoothly gonna fall into place ( however likely it will ) .Couple that with the significance of this season , and particularly in a good start , and it's a valid debate

Of course it's debate and it's my opinion that it isn't time (just yet) to start getting overly concerned. If I grate you David then so be it, because I am also entitled to my opinion and I think it's quite ironic that because my opinion is different to yours I grate you when you are calling for debate. Will I now be singled out as a Jambo for not jumping on the recruitment (panic) bandwagon?  ;)

Why are people on this forum preoccupied with haven signings? I am only bothered about who will play in a Worky shirt. Is it too much to hope that we can add several experienced players to the squad. Potentially the spine of the team is in place, but has already mentioned the team needs strengthening in the centres and forwards. Come on BOD, give us spectators some idea what your plans are for the coming season regarding team strengthening.

Of course you don't grate me personally , I'd have thought you'd know that . It was a general rebuttal to a remark that's often wheeled out if a critical point is made on recruitment . Debate is good , that's the point , but it's not panic induced if expressing concerns in the debate , that's an inaccurate easy throwaway , just as it isnt blind cheerleading on the other side ! Ultimately we all want to get to the same place , however the route.

Of course you don't grate me personally , I'd have thought you'd know that . It was a general rebuttal to a remark that's often wheeled out if a critical point is made on recruitment . Debate is good , that's the point , it's not panic induced on one side or blind cheerleading on the other !!

Aw thanks pal, you are the only person that's ever said that to me!  :tongue:

I must have been looking at the wrong post HAVEN10 was,ent it you that said there would,ent be enough for 2 five a side at training?????

Ha ha you go back to watching training lol

If you don't agree with anything the famous FIVE say on her your banished to the wreck

I'm welling up here . Wish someone would say it to me . Usually the opposite .

Yes this is a tough league and whatever concerns we may express , looking at the squad numbers in the paper of Rochdale and Barra I'd say they had more .

I agree with whoever said about another centre I really think we could do with a try scoring one haven't had one for a while. If we can announce 1 or 2 before the haven game on the 12th then we should be looking at another 2 or so after that. Are we organising anymore friendlies maybe with widnes and someone else

Who cares who haven have signed. There last PNG signing was a disaster at first.

I also said this and got slated to feck

That's because you're a haven fan!! . . Aren't you? Hahaha!

Town blue,town for me,i was the one who brought up the signings that Whitehaven are making and I a quite entitled to do that.If you do not like to hear about our neighbours don't read my post,oh,sorry you already have done.I am interested in the signings that our friends at barrow make also,it's called rugby league in Cumbria,but I agree it's town's signings that I am truly interested in but I am like a few more just waiting until January to find out who they are,to cut the silliness out that I am currently displaying I am eager for MY!!!!! club to bring in quality signings now not in January,of course I know it is not has simple has that,but other clubs other than haven and barrow are signing quality players and I am wondering why we has a championship club cannot do the same,but anyway,enough is enough,sorry if I have upset anyone with my bereation of the club,it was not intended to do that,my appologies to the board and to fans that did not like what I was saying,it's just my opinion and we all have them,i will be waiting with you all to see what comes through the doors in JANUARY.bye.......... :( :( :(:santa:

Havenfan10 has a point. He was lambasted on here for his comments but his beloved Haven sign a few and there's widespread panic

Why are people on this forum preoccupied with haven signings? 

Fair point!  They as ever are mainly getting in players from afar PNG, travellers,

while we have so far concentrated on getting a good local squad. Will there be a

good spirit in their squad? How long will it take them to gel? 

So from last year have we lost following?

Acton, Dowes, Thacks, Calderwood, Robinson, A.Walne

While have signed

Rowlandson 

Lucock

Duerden

L. Mcavoy

Haney

While Rooney is like having a new signing having had so long out, and with a

full pre season ahead, hopefully be back to the levels before injury.

Yes could do with a few more, but its hardly panic stations just yet.  Getting

two or three season long loans from Widnes would be helpful, such as Hulme

and Flynn. Together with a couple more experienced forwards.

I dont think we can even count walne as a loss as we only had him for a couple of games last year.

In my opinion Mc,avoy will do a better job for us than Dowes,bar for the odd game to me he was well below what i expected of him. i also think Thackary could do a good job at prop for us this year???? 

Maybe the quote in the star saying we're waiting on one or two from last year was meaning Thacks? The other .. Who else is left ?

Sorry lads my mistake getting old should have been shackley could do a good job for us at prop??/mind thackary as well would do.

Maybe the quote in the star saying we're waiting on one or two from last year was meaning Thacks? The other .. Who else is left ?

fingers crossed its not calderwood

I know Thackray put on Facebook he should know soon I hope he stays we seen in the last 3-5 games last season what he can do, but what ever he decides good luck to him

I don't think there is any panic GT,just a general moan by myself about the non activity of player movement or lack of.I am now content to just wait like the rest of us to see what comes in the next month or so,and hope the board will surprise us,that's all. :santa: :santa: :santa:Merry xmas people..... 

I agree with you mate,but what went out were top players?and what we have coming in are mostly amateurs,and if we include haney,even he has had a bad injury of late so we do not know whether the lad will hit his form of latter years,if he does we will have signed a good player.I like the look of young Mc,avoy and he could turn out to be the ace in the packbut we still need at least two top forwards and at least two utility backs,but,has I have said to Geordie T I am not panicking  far from it,i just would like to see or hear about our club looking at or have signed players(before January)haha. :santa: :santa: :santa:.

Well it looks like my xmas wish about bringing in players before January could come true,i have heard from a good friend that there maybe something in the papers tomorrow about the signing of a player(s).It would be a welcome for all town fans and, an xmas present for them too.I know the board will have been looking for the right sort of player to bring into Workington town and ones that will enhance the team,i know that is time consuming for the board WHO, will also have families to cater for has well has running the club and I salute them for that,i will be looking early in the morning for any news that I hope will make my xmas even better hahaa..... :santa: :santa: :kingxmas: