Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

havenhater

Who do we want to sign?

69 posts in this topic

But if they comment on one rumour they will then be expected to comment on every rumour. They would spend more time issuing statements than trying to sign players. I agree more communication on other things is needed, but I prefer they keep schtum until signings are made.

I'm not so sure your right Keith, apparently season ticket sales are well ahead of last year with quite a few from outside of allerdale. People need to take a step back and realise our board us made up of people with real jobs doing the best they can in there own spare time for nothing more than the love of our club. Cut them some slack.

I agree, most in not all of the board would have been involved in the biggest sporting event the area has just held, and just months after the season ended and having family's and jobs to see to, I'm sure if a few people have some spare time on their hands the club would love the help.

Helpers won't have the craic will they . The people at the top in the know have the craic . And it's a two minute phone call when journalists ring .. It's just worrying when they say they get told nothing or little when they do . What's the preseason schedule ? What's the official line and plan with DR this year. ? With Widnes ? When do squad numbers need to come out and when do we plan to do ours ? There are many questions fans post on here which are interesting . Is not all about specific names being let out of the bag . It's just news and it's not asking for to much .

Nor is giving a few hours a week or whatever anyone can. It's easy for me to say as I don't live local but surely the club needs all the help it can get. The more people they have volunteering to do things that would normally cost money the more money they should theoretically have for players

Fair enough . All the points being made are valid and not necessarily contradictory .

Why should we give a paper who dont give two hoots about us stories to sell? Even when town win games they choose to pick all the negatives out like the hewer abuse etc. Maybe the site could give out more info like they did last season. But no news is good news and when we get some big signings in (which we will do) then we should make the big splash. Honestly is brett carter waxing his legs or peter lupton growing a beard stories going to bring fans back? Definitely not so why release daft pointless stories.

Daft pointless stories ? The questions put on here by fans and the ones I mentioned are general points of enquiry . There are several areas of interest that could be picked up . Simple questions that could be answered that make news , and the answers are probably known .Forget daft pointless stories . That's what people are saying , it's not one extreme or another .

So we've signed no one,... Great

If we had signed someone would you have said anything on here? Somehow I think not.

Doesn't mean they haven't tried to sign anyone at all. They're hardly gona go public with a story saying 'we tried so sign x, y or z but they chose someone else' or not if they had any sense anyway.

You do often wonder where things originate from , then get a life of their own !

My point is why create a story that isnt there. Yes it might get you on the back page but unless its decent news its not going to make anyone decide to go to the next town home game.

If we had signed someone would you have said anything on here? Somehow I think not.

no he wouldn't coz he is a haven fan trying to disrupt our forum. I just laugh at his comments

Jesus, let's just joke along with it like me, I was taken in too expecting Vinnie Anderson to pop into spoons in town tonight but wasn't to be, rumours keep us interested. The jam can yap on about money all they want but fact of the matter they went bust not too long ago