Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RIGGY

Supporters General Meeting 16/12/2013

59 posts in this topic

Good luck to you guys.

RL needs Swinton.

This 'agreement' that Sale have about the number of games played at Barton, does this include the Football games played by the Man U Academy who also use the stadium?

Steve Wild had drafted out a template letter which attendees were encouraged to crib and send to their councillors.  The main theme of the letter being that the Council should support Dr Koukash's proposed development.

Good news. Having made enquiries with Martin, I now understand that this 'letter' is to be made accessible on the trust's website so that copies can be printed off as and when required.

:yahoo:

Phil's summary is a fair one. Talks are ongoing between the Trust, club & potential new owner. The Trust must proceed for now on the basis that no new owner is confirmed, & that the current owners are no longer able to continue. Clearly the Koukash proposal is squarely in the hands of the Council, but on the basis that this would give us a wealthy owner & a ground in Swinton, the Trust favours it. Clearly we would then seek to have an ongoing & productive relationship with the Koukash camp, but signs so far on that issue are very promising. We believe the Mayor's input is critical to the outcome.

Good luck Swinton fans. Best wishes for the club for 2014 season.

Phil's right in saying there was a good turn-out, taking into account the facts of short-notice, out of season, Christmas etc. I did receive a lot of apologies as well.

There was definitely a feeling of us all pulling together, lot's of ideas, offers of help.

On a personal note I'd like to ask that we all continue to pull in the same direction. There aren't enough of us to be falling out with each other, which I know is borne out of frustration over concern of the club we love. For me the fact that we've been out of rightful home for over 20 years, been here, there and everywhere and there are still people who care enormously shows that we must have some of the best supporters in the country.

ps I'm likely to be on Radio Manchester between 3-6.

Good luck!

If this comes off and Swinton are saved AND get a new ground with an investor in the wings, coupled with the renaissance at Salford and his links to Oldham, DR Khoukash will have single handedly resurrected RL in in the Manchester megapolis. The RL should give him a medal or something.

By the way, I certainly hope it comes to pass for you Swinton fans. I am old enough to remember the Lions being Div 1 and therefore RL champions twice and I have seen test matches and championship finals at Station Road so to see how far the team has fallen is sad and some good luck and prosperity is long overdue.

Good Luck Martin and make sure the whole of the listenership understand that we have to remain in rugby league.

There is currently a partition being steadily built up on the Swinton Lions Family page on facebook, we have received messages of support from people in places such as New York and France and even from the trusts own President Les Halliday who has asked me if we will keep him up to date with matters and also offered any help he can give to us.

ps I'm likely to be on Radio Manchester between 3-6.

Can you please post something if and when you can narrow it down within this 3 hours period?

Just tuned in to the station, I'm all ears Martin

If this comes off and Swinton are saved AND get a new ground with an investor in the wings, coupled with the renaissance at Salford and his links to Oldham, DR Khoukash will have single handedly resurrected RL in in the Manchester megapolis. The RL should give him a medal or something.

By the way, I certainly hope it comes to pass for you Swinton fans. I am old enough to remember the Lions being Div 1 and therefore RL champions twice and I have seen test matches and championship finals at Station Road so to see how far the team has fallen is sad and some good luck and prosperity is long overdue.

Thanks for your support brother - appreciated.

You must be more or less my age. Station Road is as vivid in my memory as if it closed just the other day. A big crowd at Station Road for an international/Test match/ Lancs county cup final/ Challenge Cup semi/ Championship final was sheer magic and a real sight to behold

Good luck Swinton fans. Best wishes for the club for 2014 season.

Thanks Taff

(I'm ¼ Welsh)

My three 'letters' were hand delivered today to the 3 councillors for my council ward, Claremont, even though my home is in Pendlebury.

Councillor Dirir - c/o the town hall

Councillor Pugh - home address

Councillor Murphy - home address

:santaclaus:

I would urge e eryone to sign the Facebook petition that is circulating via that medium.

How do you access the petition?

BBC Radio Manchester has just trailed an appearance by Dr Koukash himself, which will include discussion on the topic of his interest in the Lions, before 6pm.

Im in! If you need any help at all let me know. I'll join the trust this week. I still have some of my old rfl contact details knocking about somewhere.

Don't want to pour cold water on anything but I thought you were not allowed to own two clubs. Or is Dr Koukash planning on just owning the development

Good luck anyway, hope you come through this a lot stronger.