Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EddieCharger

What will come of the Huddersfield Giants?

38 posts in this topic

Don't they do any 'crossover' season ticket deals? It seems an obvious thing to do when you share a ground, well, it seems obvious from a distance!

They did some sort of deals with vouchers in the Season ticket books at one time, Don't know if they have this time. KD is very unpopular with a lot of Town fans , which considering he saved them is a bit poor really but they see him as having favoured the Giants over them,. That's fans for you, for me Town could go right down the pan, but i think both clubs need each other to survive.

A lot will depend if the Giants can keep up to the pace, If they can i think they will improve slowly, If they can't then without Mr Davy's input they will, go down the tubes. As i have said i don't know what his plans are, And i don't know what their other sources of income are.

They are at present the best they have been since the 1950s so i am quite happy. I shall continue to support them as long as i can, It has taken me a long time to stop referring to them as Fartown, but to be Honest I will call them anything he wants to call them, he is entitled to that.

Were they officially known as Fartown ? Where was the old ground ?

Huddersfield RL club have never been officially known as Fartown.

In Huddersfield the rugby club is known as 'Fartown' the football club is known as 'Town'.

The old ground is in the Huddersfield suburb of Fartown.

Should have been clearer , where abouts in Fartown ? I ve been through a few times always wondered. I'm guessing it's long since been demolished.

There are a small number of people in Huddersfield who like Rugby League enough to pay money to watch it.

As long as Ken Davey is one of them no problem.

I thought the pitch at fartown was still there  ?. the stands are long since gone but I seem to remember st josephs  playing on it a couple of seasons back

I thought the pitch at fartown was still there  ?. the stands are long since gone but I seem to remember st josephs  playing on it a couple of seasons back

Yes. It's still there.

Should have been clearer , where abouts in Fartown ? I ve been through a few times always wondered. I'm guessing it's long since been demolished.

It is off to the right of  Bradford rd Coming into town from Bradford, pitch still there , rest in a poor state, Main stand burned down a long time ago, It had IMO the best terrace in Rugby league in It's day.

I am looking forward to seeing how Jared Simpson and Kruise Leeming progress next year, i've been told they are great prospects for the future. 

It is off to the right of  Bradford rd Coming into town from Bradford, pitch still there , rest in a poor state, Main stand burned down a long time ago, It had IMO the best terrace in Rugby league in It's day.

Is the cricket ground still there too? It seems an age since Yorkshire used to play some games there, mind, I think they'd get a nosebleed if they had to play anywhere but Leeds these days..

Spaines Road.

Is the cricket ground still there too? It seems an age since Yorkshire used to play some games there, mind, I think they'd get a nosebleed if they had to play anywhere but Leeds these days..

Don't know if any cricket is played there , but i would very much doubt it, It had become the car park for Fartown and the pavillion has been a varioety of things, That may still be there.