Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

B rad

Shoulder Charge

9 posts in this topic

Missing them isn't the problem.

The south sea islanders didn't seem to miss in the world cup.

The south sea islanders didn't seem to miss in the world cup.

Its a shame, this year with the Samoa Tonga game, Pacific Nations in the world cup and the return of Sonny Bill the one of the best shoulder chargers of all we would have had some awesome hits on the highlight reel.

Missing them isn't the problem.

I think missing was exactly the problem

I think to many people confused a shoulder charge with a  hit to the head

Its a shame, this year with the Samoa Tonga game, Pacific Nations in the world cup and the return of Sonny Bill the one of the best shoulder chargers of all we would have had some awesome hits on the highlight reel.

I think there were plenty even without the shoulder charge

Unbelievably dangerous is massive exaggeration. It was happening for 100 years remember. Its not like guys were been stretched off every 2nd game with long term injury's (that would be unbelievably dangerous). Who was that NRL/Super League player that was permanently injured from a shoulder charge? or was out for most of the season? I cant think of any probably because there wasn't any.

It fell victim to its own spectacular visual effect of two people hitting each other at great speed. It looked viscous but a vast majority of players got straight back up from one and played on. Some may have been winded and took their time getting up. Most injury from shoulder charge was from contact with the head, which has is already outlawed.