Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Big Gun

Blake Ferguson?

20 posts in this topic

Ferguson has been found guilty of indecently assaulting a woman in June this year and thus is likely to be stood down by the NRL for the coming season. Surely if he's available it would be worth a Super League club taking a flyer on him?

Great player but an awful lot of baggage comes with him. Not sure it would be worth the big bucks someone would pay him for the year. It worked for Catalans with Greg Bird though I suppose in a similar situation.

Why would a SL club want someone who has just been found guilty of a offence like this?

Because he would potentially be the best player in the league?

Bradford and Catalans were happy to take Greg Bird on who'd been charged with a much worse offense.

Why would a SL club want someone who has just been found guilty of a offence like this?

Because he's as exciting a centre as there is in the game. Although I completely agree with you, you wouldn't really want to be cheering him on whoever he is playing for.

Bradford and Catalans were happy to take Greg Bird on who'd been charged with a much worse offense.

And thats something to be proud of is it?

Could he even get a visa after being found guilty of indecent assault?

And thats something to be proud of is it?

You asked why a SL team would want to take him on...

He's appealing the decision anyway..

Every club in SL would want him if he was available and able (VISA permitting) to get over here.

Reckon he'll end up in RU for a year if the NRL stand him down.

You asked why a SL team would want to take him on...

You also said, "Because he would potentially be the best player in the league?".

He could also be a complete waste of time and money.

Because he would potentially be the best player in the league?

Big difference between charged and guilty don't you think?

I'm split on things like this.

People get punished by the courts and that is how it should be, I'm not sure we should then hamper their careers and people should be given chance to try and rebuild their life.

That said, as a community game, where there is a big onus on our players working with kids and in schools it somehow feels wrong to have players like this working for our clubs.

Well my missus wouldn't go to watch her team if they signed someone that had been found guilty of such an offence so soon after it happened.  Given he had no time to show remorse or changed ways.   So given its a family game and don't what to show the wrong morale compass I would be extremely disappointed if the club I supported signed him.

You also said, "Because he would potentially be the best player in the league?".

He could also be a complete waste of time and money.

As could every signing you make.

Any Super League club signing a (potentially convicted) sex offender would be sending an atrocious message to its supporters - and not just female fans.