Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mystic Meg

Hunslet Hawks Christmas Lunch.

55 posts in this topic

do you really think that its all about the lad well it isn't I played against Hunslet when I was at Feth in the late 60s early 70s so I have some affinity with your club maybe before you even watched them I don't know. These where and still are great names in rugby league and if these clubs go under due to people not caring than it will be a sorry day for me. I come to as many games as I can pay my dues to help the club when I could get in free never have never will no matter what team I go to watch and you look to score silly points by asking me that as if its any of your business. You no very well my position being an outsider as it where but the few years the Lads been involved at Hunslet I have had the honour of meeting some wonderful people who are totally obsessed with the club and everyone who supports them and I sincerely want that to continue when im gone and the lad has retired, but I know how much respect he and I have for your club and the people who showed kindness to Danny. My first love will always be for Featherstone and my local Club Sharlston but I will never forget the friends I made at Hunslet and York and I do hope you forget the past and strive to support YOUR Club long after im gone  

do you really think that its all about the lad well it isn't I played against Hunslet when I was at Feth in the late 60s early 70s so I have some affinity with your club maybe before you even watched them I don't know. These where and still are great names in rugby league and if these clubs go under due to people not caring than it will be a sorry day for me. I come to as many games as I can pay my dues to help the club when I could get in free never have never will no matter what team I go to watch and you look to score silly points by asking me that as if its any of your business. You no very well my position being an outsider as it where but the few years the Lads been involved at Hunslet I have had the honour of meeting some wonderful people who are totally obsessed with the club and everyone who supports them and I sincerely want that to continue when im gone and the lad has retired, but I know how much respect he and I have for your club and the people who showed kindness to Danny. My first love will always be for Featherstone and my local Club Sharlston but I will never forget the friends I made at Hunslet and York and I do hope you forget the past and strive to support YOUR Club long after im gone

I'm not trying to score points with anyone, I simply asked a question that's all. I didn't kick off about you saying some fans have a chip on their shoulders for standing by their principles did I

Why is it a lie Macca, what do you really want HIST to do go it alone and watch the club fold or go down the only route left to them as they are doing and keep the name Hunslet rflc going until there comes a time where they can be self sufficient lets see what you can come up with and im sure they would give it some thought mate.

Why is it a lie Macca, what do you really want HIST to do go it alone and watch the club fold or go down the only route left to them as they are doing and keep the name Hunslet rflc going until there comes a time where they can be self sufficient lets see what you can come up with and im sure they would give it some thought mate.

I think hist are doing a great job and are taking the club forward at a rapid pace, I just think with the squad of players hunslet have got this season they should go it alone on the players front. Get your best 17 playing week in week out, let them get a togetherness and we'll be back in championship next season. In saying that tho with the situation at swinton I would'nt be suprised if it wasn't this season. I hope not like

I would go along with that mate and would put the hunslet players first and foremost. If Swinton go down the koukashe  road to stay alive then good luck to them.

A true supporter then!

yes actually a true but very unhappy supporter who has made a decision and I intend to stick to it

In what way are you "supporting" Hunslet then?

I'll pay my entrance fee and no doubt I'll have a drink in the bar I usually have a go on the half time draw and been known to partake in the rugby card as well as guess the score!!!! Is that ok?

Comparing suzzy to Robbo's dad is out of order sgt pepper. Since he's started posting on here suzzy's said nothing but positive things about Hunslet, something you could never say about Zorro's postings.

So you're "supporting" us for 2 games then? big deal.

Do your "MATHS" it's actually 3

Comparing suzzy to Robbo's dad is out of order sgt pepper. Since he's started posting on here suzzy's said nothing but positive things about Hunslet, something you could never say about Zorro's postings.

you are right and I apologise for it

I would go along with that mate and would put the hunslet players first and foremost. If Swinton go down the koukashe road to stay alive then good luck to them.

Swinton are a cracking club, it'd be a shame if they went under. Just like blackpool a few years back. I just hope it's not too late for them bearing in mind they've got no players signed on yet

I didn't even know who Zorro 1 was so I didn't know you where implying I was Zorro 2 lol . I post on here as a individual who's lad happens to play for the club but in no way do I get involved in personal things involving him. As a player I know if you play sh*t then you can expect criticism but I would never publicly return comments which would bring me or the club into disrepute but thanks for being man enough to apologise and I respect you for it sgt top man 

I didn't even know who Zorro 1 was so I didn't know you where implying I was Zorro 2 lol . I post on here as a individual who's lad happens to play for the club but in no way do I get involved in personal things involving him. As a player I know if you play sh*t then you can expect criticism but I would never publicly return comments which would bring me or the club into disrepute but thanks for being man enough to apologise and I respect you for it sgt top man

thanks Suzzy I worded it wrongly I was not for one minute saying you posted anything other than positives on here

No need to shout macca but you are right it is three games. I find it surprising that people can pick and choose when to stick by their principles and when not to, either you support Hunslet and go to every game you can get to or you don't support Hunslet and you don't go to any, not difficult is it?

People can't live in the past, what's happened is History it can't be altered, so you can either get on with life as it is now or you can remain rooted in the past and yearn for life as it was. The people who look after the interests of Hunslet, HIST decided after much soul searching to go down the dual-reg path with a team some fans still  regards as our rivals, Leeds. In reality Hunslet and Leeds haven't been rivals for many years and wont be in the foreseeable future, one can only hope that in the unforeseeable future they perhaps will be once again. I'm sure that not one member of HIST wanted in an ideal world to get into bed with Leeds but as someone else said earlier, beggars can't be choosers. I apologise for bringing up the dual-reg subject once more but felt it necessary in order to explain my position fully and how I feel about the club.

To finish let me extend seasons greeting to everyone connected with our great club and that includes you macca, sgt pepper and all other doubters, Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year and never forget lads

" We swept the seas before boys and so we shall again "

I look forward to seeing you for them three games lads and having a beer with you in the bar

ill be in the rovers bar after the match with our Grimmer and all the family all being well on New Years Day see you there :santa:  :kingxmas:

From what I've seen and heard, we won't be offered much in the way of loan players this coming season, and those that are will find it tough to break into a strong, tightly knit squad.

Last year was very much a "suck it and see" exercise as regards the DR arrangement, and undoubtably some mistakes were made. I think we will see the team take shape fairly early on, but with fierce competition for places.

Speaking to a couple of people closely involved with the club, they tell me that there is a real buzz about the place recently. With hopefully success on and off the field this season, you can all get what you wantto see.

Again, just have a little patience until we start to roll, and make your judgements in the summer........

Anyone who knows Macca and Sgt would know they are the loyalist of the loyal being there back in the real dark days I take issue with anyone questioning them as supporters wish they would reconsider but everyone has their own way no one knows how things turn out haven't posted in a while But il be at Hunslet next season just don't like people questioning others when they know nothing about them

I do hope they change their minds but am not going to criticise anyone for what they believe same as I won't criticise anyone who has the opposite view

Anyone who knows Macca and Sgt would know they are the loyalist of the loyal being there back in the real dark days I take issue with anyone questioning them as supporters wish they would reconsider but everyone has their own way no one knows how things turn out haven't posted in a while But il be at Hunslet next season just don't like people questioning others when they know nothing about them

Cheers james

Apparently, table of ten booked already for next year....