Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Keith T

DR ende with Vikings

25 posts in this topic

NWales is a lot nearer . It didn't look solid from the whispers you were hearing.

Maybe not a bad thing, as charlo says he would prefer season long loans instead of waiting until friday to see who we can pick up. I see this as a positive

Warrington maybe?

I think salford is more likely. But it does say that two clubs have approached town.

Salford would be good . We seem to have good relations with Noble , but again the Swinton thing is the unknown . Will be interesting to see what develops. . The statement about long term loans though is common sense whichever way we go . I guess the thing this shows is to have as strong and deep as squad of your own as possible .

In full page article about Wigan it states that they have four friendly matches before they go to Australia and the last one named is - Workington????

In full page article about Wigan it states that they have four friendly matches before they go to Australia and the last one named is - Workington????

Maybe all the lads enjoyed there night out up here with mossop last week and would like to make it more of a regular thing.

It sounds like the Vikings pulled the plug then. Shame really but maybe Betts wasn't getting enough say so if that's the case it's for the best.

Once one door closes though so hopefully it will be for a better deal.

Wigan have always kept their hand in up here, for years old Doc was their eyes for the amateur scene so it wouldn't surprise me if they like the way we are developing amateur talent and want in on it.

I don't think there's anything sinister in it . They've close links with Crusaders and it's right on their door step . Geography is a big part both ways . I think Crusaders train there anyway ?

Goodluck next year and I was talking to Declan Hulmes dad and he is happy for a shorter trip to games.I think it is to do with distance than talent as one has posted.People thought Leuluai was better than Kavanagh, but that is not true with most Widnes fans.Anyway I will look out for your results and all the best Worky.

Leuluai was better for us, but we saw the real kavanagh during the world cup and he was excellent, really ran it in hard. I think on the whole the link up with Widnes went well, good luck for the new season ratboy.

Went very well. Two Widnes players were amongst out top try scorers but they are one of the weaker SL sides so I'd expect more strength in depth and therefore better players from a new link up should it happen

The preferred idea of season long loans or similar with a SL team seems to me to make a lot of sense. Would address concerns some have been having about our limited squad and you wouldn't have so many problems with players unhappy about being in and out when it suits the SL club. I like the sound of it. Hope it comes off.

Declan Hulme said he would move here for a years loan too, we seen glimpses of brilliance at times so wish him well,

With Crusaders using the Widnes facilities for training plus their physio, medical, conditioning staff, etc, is this how they can afford some of the signings they have already made this close season?    This is where the system is grossly unfair to Town (and Haven) and creates an uneven playing field.

Crusaders have always bemused me . Low crowds , low profile , sometimes low leagues , but big outlays and big signings . Ever since they came on the scene with a bang it seems to have been the same .

I don't think that's neccesarily fair DavidM, I appreciate Crusaders as a Super League side didn't neccesarily cut it - but since a new group came in and launched a (totally brand new club) a couple of years ago - I think they've punched above their weight.

If you think on the 1st December a couple of years ago North Wales didn't have one single player and had only just appointed a coach it's been a good performance ever since, getting promotion in year two.

And not wanting to make it 'my Dad is bigger than your Dad' - in that first year North Wales got an average home crowd of 927, when we finished 8th and you got promoted with an average home crowd of 759. Last year when North Wales was in Championship One we got an average home crowd of 969 and in the Championship you got an average of 799.

I don't think it's just gate receipts either, I reckon the commercial income is pretty strong too.

All together that'll buy you a few players...

I say good luck to ya looking forward to seeing big Ryan McDonald back up here too!! We will be ok as we are town

Leuluai was better for us, but we saw the real kavanagh during the world cup and he was excellent, really ran it in hard. I think on the whole the link up with Widnes went well, good luck for the new season ratboy.

Cheers mate and you never know there might be a few sent on a season loan.Goodluck in the new season.

Good luck the Vikings be good to see big Lawton kavanah and Hulme hopefully show casing there skills for sky and more of craven too