Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LOYALION

Tonight's Meeting

36 posts in this topic

It's a shame that nominations have closed for the Swinton South council by-election next month. Would have been interesting to have seen a candidate put up for it...

Just as was said at the meeting, there are complications with the land which cannot be released just yet. This is no smoke screen and in  fairness nothing to do with Swinton or the supporters trust and so it is very unfair to comment.

We just have to place as much pressure on the council as possible in order to make them want to allow things to happen.

As for Phil wanting to get involved I agree, but don't just put him forward, anyone who thinks they can help no matter how small needs to come forward and help keep the Swinton club afloat.

I agree with what everyone as said on this topic, but I also believe where ever we play we can still increase our crowd. Under John Kidd he was not interested in raising the awareness of the club he was happy with the crowd he had, marketing is a very powerful tool if used correctly.  

I honestly believe that we can increase our crowd by raising the awareness of the club and offering incentives for new fans, I know this is not going to happen over night but if we can attract 1 new fan then we build from that. (Rome was not built in a day)

We need to be seen as a positive club and getting out there in the general public, I also believe under new ownership whoever this maybe this will have a positive effect on getting the old fans back.

When I played rugby when I was younger first thing I was taught and still use it now when I am doing business at work is "keep to the basics and not over complicate things and you will succeed", I believe this is case to attracting new fans, I.E posters, regular newsletters to members, more work on social media websites.

If we don't succeed then at least we know we have tried, at the moment we are pursume that because we are not in Swinton then its doom and gloom.  As my good mate del boy says "He who dares wins" ;)

Not so sure about the 100% Local Authority ownership,I think the Dept of Education will have the most to say before it even gets to the Local Authority.

Having refamiliarised myself with the site today, there's another possibilty that I think should be thrown into the mix in the event development goes ahead.

If you take a look at the buildings that are in the space between the St Ambrose Barlow playing fields and Partington Lane - i.e. the Swinton NHS Clinic and Ambulance Centre - there's no doubting the civil structures have all seen better days and in truth could really do with being replaced.

There's a potentially useful examplar to follow in the shape of the Halliwell Jones Stadium, which incorporates NHS facilities into one of the stands.  Definitely a concept worth a good dose of thinking about.

Phil, the plans have already been drawn up in respect of the way the site will be utilised and of course with it being Koucash's baby I doubt we would have much say in what may or may not be proposed but the inclusion of an NHS site even if just for the ambulances is a reasonable shout.

I would imagine the NHS Clinic (is that dentist's still there also?) would be shut down and moved to the new Swinton Gateway which will be the refurbished Crompton House next to St. Peters.

I would imagine the NHS Clinic (is that dentist's still there also?) would be shut down and moved to the new Swinton Gateway which will be the refurbished Crompton House next to St. Peters.

If that Clinic building is not shut down it will probably fall down looking at the state of it.  Should keep a lid on the demolition costs!

If the overall scope of the plan includes that section its quite a swathe of high value land in truth. 

...but I agree it will meet with opposition from local residents.

Not necessarily, the existing high wall may play a part in 'protecting' residents on Stanwell Road and the top of Shaftesbury Road, especially if direct access can be established from Chorley Road, close to the post office or through the post office site itself if it is closed down as has been implied in certain quarters.

The 'high brick wall' on Stanwell Road is, I believe, part of the actual wall which completely surrounded the old Swinton Industrial Schools (visited by Charles Dickens himself) which were eventually replaced by our town hall in the 1930s. If I'm wrong, I apologise.

:sungum:

No matter which route we go down in the next few months, Dr K or Supporters' Trust, we will need a whole host of people on board and prepared to devote some time to the new set-up and also to raise funds.....yes, even if Dr K comes in and builds a stadium I doubt that he'll be gifting it over to Swinton Lions should he decide to walk away in a few years time. We will still need to do some hefty fundraising to prepare for the possibility that at some stage in the future the Trust need to step in and run the club......a war-chest I think is the term which has been mentioned a couple of times!

Your club and your Trust need you!