Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Official Rams Updates

Boxing Day Clash

32 posts in this topic

With the game not too far away, Roger the Ram and Battler the Bulldog got together over the weekend:

http://t.co/r7hTEEk4zq

We might never find out who won that - But what are your predictions for the Boxing Day Derby?

Think we will have a more settled team on Boxing Day,I'going for Rams 26 - Dogs 16,attendance 2345.

I reckon wel beat them. We should be a lot more settled than batley who's squad is largely a new one. I also reckon 2800 crowd. Be awesome if we could too the 3,000 mark again. Last 2 Boxing Day crowds at rams have been 2,800 and 3,000 if I'm not mistaken. Always a much bigger crowd. Last time we played them

Boxing Day at ours the stand were both chocker.

well if feedback from my lads training is owt to go by."we have some big lads" :bb: plus were well skilled and drilled. should be first pot a the season for tranquilizers list.

so i will go with a dogs win 28  - 12

Boxing Day clashes have proved impossible to predict in recent years and generally have no bearing upon the outcome for the real season.

I predict a more competitive game than in recent years providing some much welcomed live RL for a large appreciative crowd before their turkey butties and mince pie teas.

As the Dogs will have several of their squad unavailable owing to recently having surgery, I would anticipate a Rams victory.

But stranger things do happen

i don't know who will win, in fact I don't even expect to recognise most of those who are playing. Even so it will be good to have a match to watch and even better for us to top the seasonal festivities with a win over our neighbours.

The video is brilliant. Very funny. Well done to everybody concerned.

I hope dewsbury play better than Roger can dance! I think he needs to sign-up with your cheerleaders in 2014.

I predict a BIG win for the dogs and Coolie to streak down the new stand in a vain attempt to scare away the 1600 Bulldog supporters at half time.

1600 Batley fans

You must believe a little chubby bloke comes once a year in your house and empties his sack into your goody bag ;)

Now there's a image lol

Last time there was 1600 Batley fans at a match

Wilson & storey had collided and both players did a head count suffering from double vision ;)

I'm surprised Pinocchio your nose and 3 foot long Mate

:) have a good one mate :)

Far too many new faces on show for it to be a classic, think it will be a tight one that could go either way.

As long as it doesnt rain should be a pleasant afternoon bar the surroundings.

Whats the admission price for the game?

Attendance a sell out all the new Dogs glory fans will be there.An extra bonus is the tutorial offered by the Rams on how to win a grand final.

Far too many new faces on show for it to be a classic, think it will be a tight one that could go either way.

As long as it doesnt rain should be a pleasant afternoon bar the surroundings.

Whats the admission price for the game?

Regular Championship prices I believe.

Attendance a sell out all the new Dogs glory fans will be there.An extra bonus is the tutorial offered by the Rams on how to win a grand final.

:shout: Only a couple of jammy wins saved you from being relegated Tranqulizer and we certainly don't need any lessons on how to win somthing from a bunch of losers that would be silly! :pickeat:

:shout: Only a couple of jammy wins saved you from being relegated Tranqulizer and we certainly don't need any lessons on how to win somthing from a bunch of losers that would be silly! :pickeat:

Is this you late bid for wittiest post of the year PM?

Don't hold your breath if it is.

I could never compete with the clowns on the Rams forum BSJ :curtsey:

your tutorial in winning one was good practice for doing it again. will you have to drop down to cham 1 again to do so. or are we all saved from that happening again with the restructures for 2015.

I hope you'll be going on a diet after boxing day PM - you'll need it after eating all that humble pie - which you will - particularly if Greg Inglis gets his visa sorted out in time. ;)

And which trophy in the last 80 years does that relate to.Mind you the bridesmaid dresses look very nice.

And which trophy in the last 80 years does that relate to.Mind you the bridesmaid dresses look very nice.

At least we got an invite to the wedding Tranqualizer :onthequiet:

I could never compete with the clowns on the Rams forum BSJ 

your tutorial in winning one was good practice for doing it again. will you have to drop down to cham 1 again to do so. or are we all saved from that happening again with the restructures for 2015.

We still got better crowds in a lower league.Serious i hope some of your part timers turn up.

I could never compete with the clowns on the Rams forum BSJ 

We still got better crowds in a lower league.Serious i hope some of your part timers turn up.

of coarse you got better crowds in champ 1, you were back to winning games on the trot from a 9 game losing streak season before. i did say at the time on your forum i would buy a dews shirt if you stayed up in your last few games, your right about our crowds thou as we had 820 for first game against leigh  in 2011 as champions and doubt anything will change anytime soon fella. you only have to look at the eagles and lack of support they have with a top team and some good rugby played too from them to see how bad things are,merry crimbo.

Looking forward to boxing day and I think Batley will nick it. I also think you Rams should stop resorting to criticise our attendance as both clubs are equally as poor as each other, we both get an average attendance of 1.6% of our population turning up(Batleys is actually a fraction of 1 person better than Dews) its not good. Hopefully if Cas, Wakey n Bulls come a cropper with the new structure they will bring good support and make our league more attractive to the stayaways.

Looking forward to boxing day and I think Batley will nick it. I also think you Rams should stop resorting to criticise our attendance as both clubs are equally as poor as each other, we both get an average attendance of 1.6% of our population turning up(Batleys is actually a fraction of 1 person better than Dews) its not good. Hopefully if Cas, Wakey n Bulls come a cropper with the new structure they will bring good support and make our league more attractive to the stayaways.

Quite right when your gates average more than us. We promise not to laugh at yours.By the way please dont wish ill fortune on our feeder team.