Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Official Rams Updates

Boxing Day Clash

32 posts in this topic

Don't think many of the championship clubs have much to crow about when it comes to attendances chris t, including us. Would say though, that it comes as little surprise that Dewsbury's have fallen, given that we have been perennial relegation fodder since our all conquering stint in ch1 - and before anybody reminds me we finished in the top eight in 2013, I seem to remember that with a handful of games to go we were still in the relegation shake up. The more worrying thing for the dogs faithful, however, is that despite having had very talented, exciting and successful sides since KH and then JS took the reigns, their support base hasn't improved one jot (except possibly on HW derby days). If GM turns out to be our new messiah, I would expect us to regain some of our former support, but in the current financial climate, even that isn't a given. The bottom line is that the Rams could probably improve the support base by providing an exciting, winning team, but the Dogs already have that, so I just don't know what more the club can do to put bums on seats, and that IS sad.

Quite right when your gates average more than us. We promise not to laugh at yours.By the way please dont wish ill fortune on our feeder team.

I suppose that's fair Tranqulizer. You get to laugh at our crowd averages and we get to laugh at your team.

Trying to predict this one is a complete waste of time.

Couldn't agree more. I used to really get excited in the hope that we would win. Now I enjoy it for the opportunity to see the new players get a run out and for the chance to get  a bit of rugby in. The result has absolutely no influence on the coming season.

Back to the original plot.

I am hoping for a really competitive game and going for a home win for Thursday's clash.

Dewsbury 20-16 Batley.

Att: 2268

I suppose that's fair Tranqulizer. You get to laugh at our crowd averages and we get to laugh at your team.

He who laughs last my little pigglet