Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pont rover

Finn and Bryan released.

53 posts in this topic

I wish finny well but i think the time is right for a change........i'll reserve judgement on the new players til i see them in a rovers jersey.

i'm excited by it all. it could be another peter fox era, or a massive flop. hold on to your hats. (i'm with you JB)

Finn is 30 and Moore isn't. We are building a team for the future not the next 2 seasons, and we need a full time scrum half. Liam was never going to go full time, thought he may of been kept for cover but that would probably been a luxury too far.

Wasn't true at the time

It were and talks were at an advanced stage.

Finn signed for Cas

Done deal by all accounts.

A strange move by Cas - theyve signed Sneyd, Dorn and Seymour as well as having Ellis on their books for the halves

Fair play to Finny for grabbing at this opportunity though

So it looks more like he's been given an opportunity and we've let him go as opposed to we don't rate him anymore and have got rid.

Good luck to him...as i said before i think we needed a change anyway so lets see what the new guys are made of.

Glad he won't be playing against us........for next season anyway!

So it looks more like he's been given an opportunity and we've let him go as opposed to we don't rate him anymore and have got rid.

Are you trying to convince yourself he wasn't wanted at Fev anymore. Good luck to him hope he does well in S/L. If the new #### half improves the team and is better than Finn then it's the right move if not then Fev have made a mistake time will tell

To be fair to Gareth Moore, all he's lacking from his game is a burst of speed over 10 metres. Apart from that, he's probably as good as there is at this level. I didn't always appreciate his quality during his time at Batley (my judgement was probably clouded by his occasionally poor attitude), however a record of a try every second game and nearly 800 points in three and a bit seasons indicates that he's definitely an asset.

The old duffer. Get him put out to grass!!!

I wish....

And he will be 32 if we get promoted and still part time. He is the slowest scrum half in our league at 30 years old he isn't going to get any faster is he.

I don't think he was too old. Plenty playing in the SL older than that. It seems that he may have been approached by Cas reading between the lines. I rated him . Slow? Quite a few opposing teams thought that and then out of the blue a quick burst a show of speed and strength and he was over. I think we will miss him. Who made the final decision him or Bastion ? It would be nice to know. Goodbye Liam and Good Luck AND THANKS>

looks like heppy also gone the word is tonight

If you read this thread I put it on yesterday, it's true the club as announced today

Liam Finn has gone to Cas. Cas will have to change their name to Castleford Rovers soon.

Why? Theyve got one ex players on the books, if anything we have more ex cas players in our team

Well ok Robin, I'll give the bloke a chance After all it is our Featherstone Rovers. I just can not wait until the season starts. Do you think we'll get an a to z guide on who are playing for us ?

Heard he's gone to c as oh dear me!! He'll be a big loss for you guys next season you can't talk about Moore in same breath

Heard he's gone to c as oh dear me!! He'll be a big loss for you guys next season you can't talk about Moore in same breath

Its worth noting that Liam Finn was a pretty mediocre player up until he was around the age of 26. Moore is only 23/24 and should still have some improvement in him.

I think it's fair to say that fev fans weren't exactly excited or impressed when we signed Finn the second time........he turned out to be pretty good.

I've not seen loads of Moore but from what i have he looks a talented player and is joining up with the coach who trained him at Leeds academy........I'm sure Mr Bastion knows what he's doing so lets just wait and see.

The rest of our team is looking pretty exciting too........these off seasons are too long.....even with a world cup wedged in.

Too much hype about Liam Finn, a decent goal kicker and steady player, but to be honest with little variety to his game and consequently easily contained in the big matches.

I don't know too much about Gareth Moore, however, Wakefield saw enough to sign him a couple of years back and he looked ice cool in last years playoff semi finals putting those vital goal kicks over.

Why? Theyve got one ex players on the books, if anything we have more ex cas players in our team

Don't forget DP went to them. I wonder how many more will possibly follow.

Don't forget DP went to them. I wonder how many more will possibly follow.

Lockey could be a possibility, even taking into account contracts.