Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batley Bob

Boxing Day

52 posts in this topic

Now now PM , stop being contentious! I was pleased with the performance as l thought we were a bit lightweight at the start. All the young lads stood up well and defensively we were sound. Lots of stand outs but Brennan and Leatherbarrow good for me.

Nothing much riding on the game but a pleasing first run out.

10 - nil and a good performance from the dogs

10-4

Didn't I get slagged off for telling you that you were going with the max dr's this coming season, so glad we Leigh have got rid of this erosion of ones identity and worth. Batley giants does have a ring to it though

Didn't I get slagged off for telling you that you were going with the max dr's this coming season, so glad we Leigh have got rid of this erosion of ones identity and worth. Batley giants does have a ring to it though

Yes, you 'ditched' it because your club managed to attract investors who have ploughed thousands into building your squad. When you were skint, then dual registration with your so-called biggest rivals was a convenient option for you. Anyhow, when the money men bail out (don't Leigh have a fairly embarrassing record of financial strife?) and you can't afford to pay Sam Barlow's psychotherapist, you'll go running back to the DW asking for a hand.

You're also incorrect about us using the 'max' of dual registration players this season. We have asked to include 5 young Huddersfield players in our squad for 2014, so that when they appear for us they'll be properly integrated. We won't be using all five in our XVII every week - probably two at the most. I'm not sure why you hold the belief that we'll be doing so?

10-4

Sorry BL their try was so far forward dewsbury will have a 4 - 0 start in their next game!

Batley's first try.... all but two players incl the try scorer were offside at the kick..... forrad paas. Offside..... they happen

Batley's first try.... all but two players incl the try scorer were offside at the kick..... forrad paas. Offside..... they happen

Sorry Robin, the try scorer was actually playing full back at the time, as Campbell hadn't come on. He was  one of the 3 behind the kicker, as all the rest WERE offside. So no , the referee was correct.

Silly sweaty craig, how would you of coped without a major sponsor like o2 this season, only time will tell, like last season you all chelped too early but in the big games you was still beaten on ur own turf by as you all said, smaller or lesser teams, stop chelping and wait till the league gets under way atleast.

Silly sweaty craig, how would you of coped without a major sponsor like o2 this season, only time will tell, like last season you all chelped too early but in the big games you was still beaten on ur own turf by as you all said, smaller or lesser teams, stop chelping and wait till the league gets under way atleast.

I think we all need sponsors of one sort or another don't we? The days of surviving on gate money alone are long gone I reckon.

Don't fall for the hype SB, Leigh aren't actually sponsored by 02. They're actually sponsored by a guy who owns a few 02 mobile phone shop franchises in the North West. Just a slight difference. Impressive spin from them, though.

I agree termi, but like i said we will wait to hear the chelpers chelping like they did last season and end up loosing to the so called lesser teams like they usualy do.

The wonderful thing about sport is that you don't know how the games will end, that's why we as fans love the emotions a live experience brings. One of the great experiences RL has to offer is fan banter - but be careful look what is unfolding at Swinton whose soul was ebay'd last season.

All the best for the New Year

The wonderful thing about sport is that you don't know how the games will end, that's why we as fans love the emotions a live experience brings. One of the great experiences RL has to offer is fan banter - but be careful look what is unfolding at Swinton whose soul was ebay'd last season.

All the best for the New Year

The situation at Swinton is the absolute polar opposite of the situation at Batley. All the best for the New Year? Get stuffed.

Sorry Robin, the try scorer was actually playing full back at the time, as Campbell hadn't come on. He was  one of the 3 behind the kicker, as all the rest WERE offside. So no , the referee was correct.

Look at the video on the Rams forum and the scorer was offside.

Wakefield ram he may have been off side but to be fair in the build up to your try there was 2 blatant forward passes . Also we had a try not given in the first half due to merrick being in the wrong postion as me and everybody in the south stand saw him ground the ball .

We had two try's chalked of by elephant man due to him being in wrong position each time and both was clearly grounded, all in all it was a good run out for both teams after a fairly long lay off so no one can complain realy.

WR how could you tell the chaser was offside on the video? You cant see him in the corner of the screen until well after the ball is kicked and he runs in.he could have been well behind the kicker......

Look at the video on the Rams forum and the scorer was offside.

You can't see the try scorer on the video when the ball is kicked???

There's a lot of bickering about duel reg it should be scrapped end of,because there's only one winner & it isn't our clubs no matter what deal you've got in place. To the matter of rams expensively assembled squad,for the first time in a few seasons we've spent up our budget. I know quite a few of your ex players who've gone to pastures New & they tell me because we're offered reduced terms just so they could offer more to certain players they wanted to keep,plus I know your coach is on quite a bit

I know quite a few of your ex players who've gone to pastures New & they tell me because we're offered reduced terms just so they could offer more to certain players they wanted to keep,plus I know your coach is on quite a bit

That's part and parcel of running a club. Budgets have to be adhered to and there will be some element of 'juggling' to try and get the best for the team.  It's unfortunate in the one example I can think of.

Your right there's too much said about what others are spending and to be honest I'm probably guilty of that at times but only when they criticise us. But I think what both clubs have got is a chairman that have got the club's best interests at heart & will only spend what they can afford

You can't see the try scorer on the video when the ball is kicked???

The try scorer set off in front of Bretherton who was offside when the ball was kicked. He was offside.

If you look they we're all in front of the kicker but look it's gone now,to be honest I thought batley's kicking game was far superior to ours,but it was a good run out for both teams and I think both coaches can take a lot of positives out of it but still things to work on

I know quite a few of your ex players who've gone to pastures New & they tell me because we're offered reduced terms just so they could offer more to certain players they wanted to keep,plus I know your coach is on quite a bit

Don't you think JK is worth every penny having got us into the GF?