Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bedford Roughyed

Royal pardon for codebreaker Alan Turing

27 posts in this topic

That's a somewhat fanciful view. Poisoned? Really? WE should be ashamed? Well, yes to the extent that the prevailing view at the time did not support a change in the (wholly wrong) law. If WE should be ashamed of anything , I'd go for the nonsense that was the death penalty....which has considerable support on here and in the country but is wholly wrong.

That's a somewhat fanciful view. Poisoned? Really? WE should be ashamed? Well, yes to the extent that the prevailing view at the time did not support a change in the (wholly wrong) law. If WE should be ashamed of anything , I'd go for the nonsense that was the death penalty....which has considerable support on here and in the country but is wholly wrong.

I don't know if he was assassinated or not, but it has been suggested and I wouldn't be surprised given the attitudes of those who ran (run) the security services. As for the attitudes to homosexuality, it's not that long since the Tories introduced Section 28, and I wouldn't be surprised if they get a working majority next time to see them try to reintroduce it.