Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chairman LMAO

Today's attendance

60 posts in this topic

Eeeerrrrr ... okay!!

More like 3,346. Nothing like a shared gate to see dodgy attendances released.

Eeeerrrrr ... okay!!

That was the biggest crowd I've seen at a Heavy Woollen derby since 1991, when we had nearly 5000 at The Mount. Admittedly, even then Mount Pleasant had a much larger capacity than Ram Stadium, however I'd have said that at least 3000 were packed in today.

Yes either jiggery pokery to baffle the tax man or dewsbury are swindling the bulldogs out of their cut, which is a shame as we had the majority of support

Either way its a very good attendance and something to build on for the coming season

Half time draw was £75......

Even on a 600 attendance its £100 plus at the mount.

Being a good crowd and  a tight game,  might, keep the interest there for the next meeting and ensure another good gate.

Was good to see the ground full. Our away following was huge. If we can keep that many at our home games this season our average attendance will be much higher than last season.

I thought it was a good tough game and the new boys look good. Some solid defending out there and we still have 4/5 key players to come back in.

Eeeerrrrr ... okay!!

That figure seemed about right from where I was standing. No-one was packed in tightly and the crowd was spread around the ground much more than in the past thanks to the new terracing. Frankly it is a scurrilous suggestion to make that either club would seek to cheat the other out of any money in this way.

I'd like to think the chairmen of both clubs are of sufficient moral fibre not to stoop to any shenanigans when it comes to shared gates. I believe they also have a mutual respect which would discourage any underhand behaviour. Maybe I'm being naïve. but I'd be disappointed if that wasn't the case. 

I'd like to think the chairmen of both clubs are of sufficient moral fibre not to stoop to any shenanigans when it comes to shared gates. I believe they also have a mutual respect which would discourage any underhand behaviour. Maybe I'm being naïve. but I'd be disappointed if that wasn't the case.

Agreed Grumpy

Yes either jiggery pokery to baffle the tax man or dewsbury are swindling the bulldogs out of their cut, which is a shame as we had the majority of support

And another of PM's fantasies kicks in again.

Go on, tell me , just how do you deduce that Batley had the majority of support?

I counted em in and counted them out ;)

That and we made more noise on the clapometer that I always carry with me (got it cheap from huey Green)

Half time draw was £75......

Even on a 600 attendance its £100 plus at the mount.

There were 2 tickets, one for £75 and one for £150.

I wasnt at the game yesterday neither was MS but ive just been discussing the game with him and mentioned the attendance . the figure for paying spectators was correct and he laughed at the suggestion that it might not be accurate .As he said both dewsbury and batley are in the same boat financialy and neither club would " DO " the other on a shared gate .

GFDU, I reckon that's the top and bottom of it. The south stand was not as packed as it has been in the past, with the top terrace being used.  And I think it's a little insulting to suggest that either club would try to cheat the other out of money. It was a great attendance though and a great atmosphere too.

We're do you get batley had majority of support,but saying that I expected a much bigger crowd to say you took 3,000/500 to GF or have they all deserted you already!!! And as for the taxman batley know all about paying there tax's Don't they !!!!

Errr yes we do know about paying our taxes. And who said that we had taken over 3 million to the Grand Final?

You lot were saying that you had that support on the day. And you've had a couple of winding up orders in recent seasons unless I've misread it in paper!!!

Nope, no one said we had that much support on the day! And yes, in the past we have had demands from the taxman, what's your point there then?

I made that point when we got accused of fiddling the attendance. Anyway putting all that aside I think both clubs can have a productive season once the new players bed in.

I would agree with you about the season ahead, and if both teams have relative success, it can only be to the benefit of the region as a whole. I might add though, that it is very easy to take the comments of one or two individuals on here as representative of the majority, which they clearly are not!

I'd like to think the chairmen of both clubs are of sufficient moral fibre not to stoop to any shenanigans when it comes to shared gates. I believe they also have a mutual respect which would discourage any underhand behaviour. Maybe I'm being naïve. but I'd be disappointed if that wasn't the case.

How many do you think went in through the open exit gate and paid cash to the steward?