Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

scott

Team for Haven

57 posts in this topic

Our squad: Shackley, Olstrum, Stack, Rooney, Morris, Mossop, Lupton, L McAvoy, Haney, Coward, B Phillips, Lucock, Matty, C Phillips, Miller, Rowlandson, James Duerden Forber, Connor and Carter

Assuming there all fit what side would you put out against haven

I think Scott that both teams will use there full squad to give every one a run out  .

Yeah they probably will

Starting 13

Carter Miller Rooney Connor Haney Lupton C.Phillips/forber Mcavoy Matty Coward Phillips stack Olstrum/Duerden

You wouldn't think the game was only 2 weeks from today!!!

Well it's only 3 days till January ... And then things are gonna happen . It's official .

Olstum has been troubled  with his hamstring,if not fit i would like to see Connor giving a go at loose forward?

Olstum has been troubled with his hamstring,if not fit i would like to see Connor giving a go at loose forward?

Yeah maybe but if Olstrom isn't fit I think well see new lad Duerden there

The great Connor position conundrum ... The way they see it he's still a centre , so as of now Rooney and Connor must be seen as our first choice centres . One or two who've seen him seem to see Duerden as a strong lock type ?

Well Dave looking at the size of Duerden he is not big enough for a prop to my mind? we have been short of a good attacking centre for a long time,would like to see him there,Conner as you say is a bit of a conundrum,just dont know what is his best position,been a disappointment to me so far.

what i would like to see this season is a wee bit more distance from our kicks to touch ,at times it is taking us three tackles to get to where i think we should have been with the kick

what i would like to see this season is a wee bit more distance from our kicks to touch ,at times it is taking us three tackles to get to where i think we should have been with the kick

totally agree. Making yards is hard in this league and we didn't make use of the boot on freekicks IMO

Kicking is a very important part of the game now and i just think we should be paying a bit more attention to it?

Well lets hope the weather gets better into the new year or i can,t see the rec be fit to put the game on,

The football pitch on the left as you walk upto the main entrance to their ground is like a swimming pool at the moment.

Don,t no about Coward but Olstrum as a bit of trouble with his hamstring,  and has not been able to train the last couple of weeks.

Just read the news and star cowards is his groin

Charlo says we've a squad of 21 there to Scott . You have 20 in yours , so who's missing ?

I'm not sure DavidM I can't think of anyone else

Jack Gaskell is missing off squad he was training at extreme fitness with rest of squad the other day

Yes Jack Gaskell I'll add him to the list

Forgot him . Think he's served a long enough apprenticeship and must be given a gig this year to see if he sinks or swims . We could go from a very experienced front row rotation to a very inexperienced one in general terms . I think they'll get one more in .