Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

duffymoon

LEAGUE EXPRESS

63 posts in this topic

It honestly makes me laugh to see people preaching a need for secrecy and having a go at Gareth Walker, when nothing in that article got even close to some of the bile some people put Dr Koukash's way this time last year when he took over Salford.

Dr Koukash is more than capable of doing his own homework where business negotiations are concerned. A far more likely concern is the question of whether he would have the backing of the fans!

There's a financial trauma and background negotiation process going on at some RL or football club almost all the time. Its not something that needs to result in a media blackout - in the vast majority of instances the effect is the polar opposite.

The Lions have never grasped the concept of strategic communications very well, if at all. Its one important thing on a fairly long list of potential improvements that, if addressed, just might see people realistically asking in 4 or 5 years time - "Swinton Lions for Super League?".

Things will change soon on our media side of things.  We are looking at revamping the website to include more news and stats from the club and proberbly a section including rugby league news in general.  If anyone has any thoughts of what else they might like to see on the website please come talk to me at the meeting on Thursday night and we will take your ideas on board.

Thanks

Riggy

Perhaps you could offer your services for this role Phil.?

There's at least 2 other people better qualified, but its also important to address the issue of strategic communications as a collective rather than expecting a single communications officer to deliver everything that's needed.  The first ingredient being a culture of openness and transparency across the piece, which will only pervade if the person at the top believes in it. If that's to be Dr Koukash, given both his financial means and likely importance to him of a relatively large scale development scheme pretty much in the middle of Swinton town centre, I'd expect he'll very much have his own ideas about who he'd like to use and most probably that would be a professional in the field on a salaried basis with whom he already has an established relationship.

So we shall see what emerges on Thursday.  If it includes something significant in terms of the rumoured development of the former St Ambrose Barlow High School site, what we can say for definite is that the communications side of things will be very important.  There's bound to be some opponents. The law rightly requires that anyone holding concerns has the chance to voice those concerns.  Key messages need to be got across in order to hopefully win the ensuing debate.  I suspect the chances of success would be enhanced if at least some of those key messages came from local people (especially people involved in local education, amateur sport and other proactive community groups) rather than straight from the Dr himself - with a view to those types of organisation later benefitting from what is planned.  All that would be of interest, in my view there are real needs across the community that Barton isn't in a position to deliver on and the right scope of scheme in the centre of Swinton could be far more effective in this regard, but it very much remains to be seen how far Dr Koukash wants to involve those sorts of organisations.

Phil have to disagree with you.

In terms of your posts on here you would be perfect for the role of communications officer.

I do not think we will have Dr.Kouhash on board unless he gets permission to build on Ambrose Barlow old school.

I don't think Dr Koucash would even be at the meeting unless he was heavily involved in the takeover process and had some information to impart on us, he doesn't strike me as the kind of person that would turn up at a meeting unless he has something important to contribute.  Looking forward to Thursday. :D

Let's all hope it involves returning to m27 asap.

See you Thursday Julian you can come and get all your questions answered.   Have you sent in your trust membership yet ?

Riggy

Pm me the details riggy and a PDF form and even I will join, can't make the meeting though, I really do hope the meeting goes well.

I don't think Dr Koucash would even be at the   :D

Freudian slip? Can certainly see what's on your mind - "Koucash" indeed  - £££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

:tease: