Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Keep The Faith

Halifax sunday

65 posts in this topic

Slugfest throughout. Could've gone either way. Fax stretched our line at times but nothing in it really. Bring on the Saints :)

Slugfest throughout. Could've gone either way. Fax stretched our line at times but nothing in it really. Bring on the Saints :)

No ideas near the line as was the case in a lot of games last season. But on the plus side defence was outstanding and i dont think many packs will get the better of ours this season. Halifax never broke us which is a good sign. In my view we are definately a couple of quality threequarters light  but i still see a good season ahead. decent attendance too on a bitterly cold day. all in all more plusses than minuses . 

No ideas near the line as was the case in a lot of games last season. But on the plus side defence was outstanding and i dont think many packs will get the better of ours this season. Halifax never broke us which is a good sign. In my view we are definately a couple of quality threequarters light  but i still see a good season ahead. decent attendance too on a bitterly cold day. all in all more plusses than minuses .

kear said we'd be alright grand final not won in pre season as shown last year and we just need the killer touch can't wait for the pitch to dry up and i think leatherbarrow and leak could have plenty of field days

What was the attendance yesterday? Halifax didn't seem to bring as many as they usually do. The stands behind the posts are usually full for a Fax game.

Also, what are people thoughts on Reittie's try? The report suggests forward pass.

Think we deffo need another couple of halfbacks, black way past his best now & cant even get any distance kicking to touch, game change alot for the better when leatherbarrow came on & took over, also think we need a proper goal kicker coz pattersons no good, seem to be lacking in attack big style, its ok having a great defence but that doesn't score try's...

Must admit we looked short of ideas near their line yesterday. Certainly need to get some set moves practised. We had enough possession in the second half to have at least equalised if not win the game. Going on from that, why is it when we get a penalty in the opponents half we nearly always take a tap? We then have 2 or 3 drives which takes us up to the position we could have been in if we had kicked for touch and we would then have had the 6 tackles to try and drive over.

Agree re the goal kicking, Patterson does not seem to be very confident and missed at Dewsbury as well as yesterday. As we are likely to have forward dominated, low scoring matches the ability to take any points on offer by the way of penalties and especially conversions is vitally important.

Must admit we looked short of ideas near their line yesterday. Certainly need to get some set moves practised. We had enough possession in the second half to have at least equalised if not win the game. Going on from that, why is it when we get a penalty in the opponents half we nearly always take a tap? We then have 2 or 3 drives which takes us up to the position we could have been in if we had kicked for touch and we would then have had the 6 tackles to try and drive over.

Agree re the goal kicking, Patterson does not seem to be very confident and missed at Dewsbury as well as yesterday. As we are likely to have forward dominated, low scoring matches the ability to take any points on offer by the way of penalties and especially conversions is vitally important.

Deffo fred, there seems to be no fire at moment or someone like flanners who scared defences with his darting runs....

Didnt miss miss that at all but still didn't get anywere near a result, especially the 1st half, i think we was clueless nr the line with the possesion we had, think fax was much better than us in the 1st 40 especially kicking wise, like i said, we got much better with introduction of leatherbarrow & i think him and leak could work well together

I was impressed with the strength of Leek and especially near the line. You must have missed him. He played for long periods of the game and I was impressed. Two similar decisions by Leatherbarrow to dive on the ball instead of picking up or kicking cost Batley a draw or win. Perhaps you missed that as well.

A few poor decisions, a couple of poor kicks and some handling errors; it's like nothing has changed. :)

Joking aside, pre-season is the place to work on these things. I think we look really powerful in the forwards and very tight defensively.

As LD says. It is pre season. Things to work on and plenty to look forward to. No point missing those who have gone.

Jk isn't worried at the moment he has seen everyone apart from faal and davies including the duel reg ladsand both times have been played on a mud bath lets waiti until we travel to st helens and play on a dry track and see where we go wrong.. I think leatherbarrow and leak and black need to play together too many changers in pre season everyone has to play kear has said its down to them in the next two games to play for the 17 at leigh

Probably trivial but did patterson take primary kicking duties at the shay as his touchline sucess rate seems suspect.

brenan was quiet after his smashes on boxing day