Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PhillH

Recruitment for 2014

33 posts in this topic

According to League Express, Ian Watson is going to continue playing and agreements have been reached with: Ritchie Hawkyard, Darren Hawkyard, Mick Nanyn, Mike Morrison, Dale Cunniffe, James Brown, Danny Halliwell and Jack Cooper.

Craig Harvey is said to be struggling with a knee injury sustained while playing rugby union over the winter.

Surprisingly no mention of Mark Smith or Josh Barlow.

There's also some younger players on trial - reported as Johnny Brown and Chris Dean (presumably not the SL player of the same name!) from Warrington's academy, former Halifax full back Freddie Walker, former Doncaster winger Aaron Henry, a prop from the amateur game Zack Johnson, and back row forward Jake Ashall from Warrington rugby union.

I agree. You're prime candidate in my eyes.

I'll second that, Phil would be ideal, also just noticed a change at company,s house in swinton RLfc secretarys status?.

Calm down guys, else we'll have to send out a search party for Mark Richardson!

Lets hear what Dr Koukash has to say. The guy has got more than enough money to attract the best and a "professional job" definitely needs doing.

Back on topic.

I hope Mark Smith hasn't called it a day.  A top player at Championship level and very unlucky to not have spent more time at the highest level - as reflected by the Widnes fans campaigning for him to be allowed a crack at it when they got promoted. Undoubtedly a key player for the Lions over the last few years.

I understand from Ian that Josh Barlow is committed.

Can't we have Phil h committed "to the cause" I meant.

Mark you would be a great addition too. Both of you have the Lions in your blood!!!!

Mark you would be a great addition too. Both of you have the Lions in your blood!!!!

oh no its too late now. Youve blown it!

Steady on this is turning into sniping at Mark Richardson forum!

And why not I say because he should be used to people sniping by now. Haha.

You've signed Anthony Bowman from Halifax. A good prop forward will be announced tomorrow as well. Things are looking up for you guys! All the best

In the Salford Advertiser Luke Menzies was mentioned within the article about the players

We had bowman on loan last season but injury sent him back early to fax, liked what we saw of him though, see you at whitebank in feb