Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Maureen T-k

Jamie Rooney retires

102 posts in this topic

Jamie Rooney as announced his retirement from rugby league, I would like to thank him for his services and wish him well in whatever he does besides coaching down at Fev Lions

I take it Fev Lions don't come under the catagory of "fev and I'm proud"? Is there a United/City type split in Featherstone?

I take it Fev Lions don't come under the catagory of "fev and I'm proud"? Is there a United/City type split in Featherstone?

Get with it!!!

Strange time to make this announcement, given that he effectively retired halfway through his spell at Barrow.

He "officially" announced his retirement from professional Rugby League on Tuesday the 14th January. What's strange about that?

Strange time to make this announcement, given that he effectively retired halfway through his spell at Barrow.

He didn't do bad for you though, did he? Would you have won the '09 GF without him? I can remember him coming back to Fev and "kicking us to death" in 2009, Barrow wouldn't have beaten us without him. Then there was the following season at Cas, when they were dumped out of the Cup. Good times don't last forever, but don't forget them either! 

didn,t do too bad for us in the last 2 seasons up at haven his kicking alone and tactical play won us plenty of games

He didn't do bad for you though, did he? Would you have won the '09 GF without him? I can remember him coming back to Fev and "kicking us to death" in 2009, Barrow wouldn't have beaten us without him. Then there was the following season at Cas, when they were dumped out of the Cup. Good times don't last forever, but don't forget them either!

Rooney never played for Batley !

Decent player who was a central cog in the 'Johnson' era Barrow.

Rooney never played for Batley !

Decent player who was a central cog in the 'Johnson' era Barrow.

And Batley didn't win the 2009 GF either. Made a wrong assumption re the person making the post!

Jamie was a top player for us.

Remember him having one of his best games against Widnes in end of season play off's a few years ago. Widnes tried everything to knock him off his game, but he won it for us!

Think the game was televised on Rugby Leage Raw?

:yes:

Oh yes!!!

Let's hope its a short term measure and they are looking for a good scrum half for next year

the club is becoming a laughing stock...if people actually believe he is going to make a difference and take us to GF they are deluded. Great Lad and was a great player here and at Wakey but sorry he was playing at gateshead for a reason. why not try and get tuuta back lol ! 

Cooke takes donny round the pitch aged 33 with no pace, leigh have just signed ben jeffries aged 33 for next season for that added experience, graham holroyds kicking ultimately dragged fax into the GF against us and he was in his 30s - dont see any problem with signing rooney - he can kick a ball and hes match fit too

A cool experienced head is what we need approaching the business end of season

It doesnt matter about the GF 2nd place is all that matters

And if he plays who do we drop? Unsettled team again 

And if he plays who do we drop? Unsettled team again

After today performance if there is no injuries it should be the same team next week

After today performance if there is no injuries it should be the same team next week

Agreed a good team performance today and i still think we got more to come ,come on the lads 

agreed

Sam Smeaton almost made the bench today and could be in contention next week if Greg and Blackmore are both unavailable. Andy Hay has no plans to send him out on loan and intends to let him compete for a place.

Bad move in my opinion to put smeaton in first team contention already - needs a few games in the u20s to get match fit and to be sure that knee is 100%

Sam Smeaton almost made the bench today and could be in contention next week if Greg and Blackmore are both unavailable. Andy Hay has no plans to send him out on loan and intends to let him compete for a place.

bonus   if   sam   plays     one   or   two  games   this   season,blackmore   won't   make   a   centre   because   he   hasn't   a   clue   when   to   give   his   winger   the   ball.smeaton   and   worthington   if   both   can   stay  fit   would   be   as   good   a   centre   partnership  as   you   would   find   in   the   championship.as   for   keegan   i   suggest   the  lad   takes   up   knitting.