Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ivor001

New players

He must show more quality of involvement and conditioning this year wherever they put him . He has a massive head start with that physique , up to him what he does with it ...

Gee whizz we've been there ! No argument . When was our last top centre ?

I can't think of one since Vinny and TK before that. Kevin Hetherington when he was fit maybe.

Yeah vinny fawcett will take some beating. Andrew beattie in his 1st spell was very good especially playing with campbell, was pretty poor in his 2nd spell which people seem to remember him for

Yeh King Kenny , Paddy , Tony and Vinny are the four stand outs in my time . Thinking back to our double winning season , the way Tony played takes some beating . Every game he would test his man then just skin him on the outside and stride away like a gazelle - and never run down . That year he was peerless and wonderful to watch . Kenny would just burst into top speed from a standing start ! Great to see a man in the blue v skin his man on the outside and burst away again ...

Ha ha, you young-uns missed the best backline we ever had. The year we won the Championship we had 2. Lawrenson - 31 tries, 3. Paskins - 21 tries, 4. Gibson - 40 tries and 5. Wilson - 40 tries, a total of 132 tries.

The following year when we won the cup they scored - Lawrenson - 49 tries, Paskins - 17 tries, Gibson - only 7 tries and "Happy" Wilson -35 tries. - a total of 108 tries.

Now that was a backline to frighten any team!!!

I can't think of one since Vinny and TK before that. Kevin Hetherington when he was fit maybe.

What about that wonderful pairing of David Fraisse and Logan Campbell ? Now that was a frightening centre pairing. The problem was it frightened Town fans whenever the ball went near them.....

Logan Campbell who made one appearance for Newcastle ... Debuting with some bloke called Johns ...

Maybe he should be more concerned as to why only just under 800 turned up for the Ike game (official attendance) !! No wonder they are offering half price tickets in the N&S.

More importantly when we announcing some new signings?

Even more importantly WILL we be making any signings, otherwise let's know and we can all move on.

I think it's now safe to say we are going with what we have got and probably some ocassional DR. Its going to be a tough season for forward battles but lets get behind them.

Even more importantly WILL we be making any signings, otherwise let's know and we can all move on.

Agreed Keith.3 weeks ago we were told Paul Charlton had 2 players under his hat and announcement soon! Nothing!! Seems to me he's done a Paul Daniels trick and made them disappear! It tells you something when a topic headed NEW PLAYERS has ten pages of quotes up to now.

Ten pages of no substance ... There's so much rumour , gossip and conjecture because we have nothing else to talk about it . We're grasping at gossamer . The level of official information has been so low , there's a huge void to fill , and so we fill it ourselves and end up going round in circles . Our communication from inside to outside on substance and updates is lacking , especially at times where it should be strong to garner interest and support before the new season . I appreciate the overstetched work and limited numbers on the BOD , but at times weeks go by with no news . We were told to wait till January and we patiently did ... Now we're touching February . We hear exciting titbits about players but then it disappears to nothing . We are talking about DR from Wigan , but we've heard nothing officially about this , we're just thinking wishfully . We may now start with what we have ... Or may not ... We don't know . We will all support the team if that's the case , but however loud we shout , that squad will be severely tested in this league and that is a concern . Time is close ... And lots of time has gone , and we have no momentum and have not grasped any since last season ended . We all hope for the best , no one criticises out of pleasure purely to do so , but at the dawn of a seminal season right now , to me , we are well behind the 8 ball , and we're hearing no signs of anything pending ?

Agreed Keith.3 weeks ago we were told Paul Charlton had 2 players under his hat and announcement soon! Nothing!! Seems to me he's done a Paul Daniels trick and made them disappear! It tells you something when a topic headed NEW PLAYERS has ten pages of quotes up to now.

The reason is simple,MONEY!!!!.

I think, and hope the board will bring in players but are waiting until the start of the season without having to pay the incoming players their wages.I can understand the logic of that but cannot understand why the board have decided to keep it like it was a state secret,i still think they will do more damage to the fans WHO were thinking of maybe coming back,and i sincerly hope they stay with us,but, with nothing forthcoming from the club why the hell should they bother.If we have to go with what we have got then i am not sure where we will finish,and even more,if we have a few injuries it could get even worse,but in all honesty i do believe we will, see players coming in and i do believe my first point is the reason.(i hope).....

Judging by the amount of money that is heading rugby league's way in the new Sky contract announced today, I think it just got more imperative that we are in that top 24 for the 2015 season.

One rugby league journalist has already tweeted a figure of £200 million over 5 years from 2017 - 2021 and the bulk of that will be going to the top 24. The gap, financially, will now be between the top 24 and the rest with a smaller gap between the two 12's.

No team Can survive with 21 players in that league. And we have 4 who are really unproven at the level in duerden, lucock, gaskell and rowlandson. So were effectively going into the season with 17 proven players.our first 17 will compete with anyone but if the likes of carter, miller, the phillips, matty, stack get injured then were up the creek without a paddle.as for waiting until the last minute for loans, surely that means another team could come in and snatch them off us.