Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alias

Today's friendly

40 posts in this topic

Next match is 2 weeks isn't it.

Get yourself up to Workington next Sunday Michael for Town versus Wigan in the Paul Prescott Testimonial match, with Wigan putting out their first team squad as their Under 20's are at Skolars on Friday.   Haha.

Next match is 2 weeks isn't it.

Just an observation - but how is it that you guys only seem to play pre season matches at home..?

Just an observation - but how is it that you guys only seem to play pre season matches at home..?

dunno mate teams seem willing to come here probably due to bigger crowd and more of a 50/50 cut of the gate money ?

949 yesterday ... if we had gone to Keighley it wouldve been half that ???? It'll be the same with Oldham and probably most other clubs  ?????

Obviously GB BARLA have to come to Craven Park !

Might also have something to do with us being by the sea: Less chance of the fixture being called off due to frost, which suits both teams in terms of having a viable pre-season run-out.

Nope you are all wrong, teams like to come to Barrow to see the Seagulls :tongue:

dont forget the great hospitality of us Furnessmen as well ;)

After watching the highlights it has confirmed what I thought at the time about the late hit on Liam Campbell, it was a blatant cheap shot elbow to the head. The Keighley player ( James Feather I believe ) deserves a lengthy ban for it, the game is hard enough without them cowardly cheap shots.

If it is James Feather their is some interesting stuff on Keighley News. It is his testimonial year and a boxing event has been organised. Perhaps he was practising. LOL

James Feather He got 1 match for the late elbow on Cammy what a joke

1 game for an off the ball potential career ending attack seems pretty reasonable in my opinion...

I do wonder how the RFL come up with these pathetic punishments at times. So they are saying you can attack someone's head off the ball with an elbow and only receive a one match ban, what a joke! They are setting a pretty dangerous precedent with that one.

Ah but it wasnt an elbow according the RFL, it was a "shoulder charge."  They must be as blind as our favourite referee.