Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Odsal Outlaw

Weekend Friendlies

132 posts in this topic

Leeds 62-10 London in Ryan Baileys testimonial.

Match Highlights: http://www.therhinos.co.uk/matchdaytv/?play=media&id=17462

Just watching those highlights, Leeds outside backs look very good. I know it's only a young London team but they will have some confidence going into the season. Watkins especially looked like no one could touch him. Ben Jones-Bishop scored a hattrick too. That leaves a selection headache over the right wing spot with who plays between him and Tom Briscoe.

The teams lined up as:

Leeds

1. Zak Hardaker

20. Tom Briscoe

3. Kallum Watkins

4. Joel Moon

5. Ryan Hall

6. Danny McGuire

13. Kevin Sinfield ©

10. Jamie Peacock

7. Rob Burrow

16. Ryan Bailey

15. Brett Delaney

12. Carl Ablett

23. Brad Singleton

9. Paul Aiton

8. Kylie Leuluai

19. Mitch Achurch

2. Ben Jones-Bishop

18. Chris Clarkson

21. Liam Sutcliffe

London

1. Nesiasi Mataitonga

23. Harvey Burnett

22. Will Lovell

3. Thomas Minns

27. Sean Morris

6. James Woodburn-Hall

7. Mike Bishay

14. James Greenwood

9. Scott Moore

15. Olsi Krasniqi

11. Mike McMeeken

12. Matt Cook ©

13. Alex Foster

10. Erjon Dollapi

8. George Griffin

16. James Cunningham

18. Toby Everett

19. Joel Wicks

24. Jonathan Wallace

I like London and I'm really glad that they're taking their place in Super League in 2014, but - if they don't strengthen further (a lot further), then they're going to end the season with a record low league points total and record low and high totals for points against and points for respectively. Their squad, as it stands, has to be the weakest since Halifax's in 2003.

I'm probably overreacting but last night's loss has burst my bubble somewhat after I was feeling so optimistic beforehand. Yes it was a friendly and the idea is to get minutes into the legs and to try stuff etc, but being Roby's testimonial game it still felt important to me. We must've wanted it more so to come up short with an almost full side out is more than a little frustrating. Agree with Saintslass about the discipline, utterly terrible and I might have been prepared to write it off as rustiness if it hadn't been such a persistent problem last year.

Luke Walsh's x-ray is said to be 'precautionary' on the club site so hopefully he'll be ok. If he is and if we can stop giving away so many penalties then we'll have a good year, but I think that match proves that we still have a fair bit of work to do before the Warrington game.

What kind of turnout did Roby and Bailey get?

Be fascinating to see what team Wane goes for in the Giants game or the WCC.

Sarginson and Thornley/Burgess on what we have seen so far, I'd go for Thornley for now but expect Budgie to be our number 1 left winger by Easter.

Looks like Clubb and Burgess as second rows, which could really work well.

Flower, Taylor, Eddy and Crosby would be my pick of the props, but Wane seems to rate Dudson pretty highly.

I hope Rocky gets a bench spot. He certainly deserves one. It probably depends on McIllorum's fitness.

Should be a hell of a month for us.

Around 3500 for Bailey's game.

bit disappointing for a testimonial - wasnt the weather horrendous though?

Cos nobody likes bailey big dirty cheating horrible example of a human being even is own fans dont like him that why it was a poor turnout.

bit disappointing for a testimonial - wasnt the weather horrendous though?

The weather certainly wasn't the best.

at the leeds game it was a case of leeds shifting the ball wide  as they had far to much pace for London .  London  didn't look to bad in the middle with there forwards been willing and never giving up   I think against teams with not as much pace as the top clubs they could do  ok

Cos nobody likes bailey big dirty cheating horrible example of a human being even is own fans dont like him that why it was a poor turnout.

It was all to do with the weather. Don't be bitter now...

What kind of turnout did Roby and Bailey get?

Based purely on fan speculation, Roby got somewhere between 7000 and 8000 for his testimonial.

SL - that's a good crowd and well deserved for a man who has done the hard yards for club and country. Now, I would argue that Saints might thank Wigan for bringing a lot of spectators across for a good cause. Even the Roosters' new best friends Wire managed to find it in their hearts to thank us for playing them in Westwood's testimonial. Which makes Brown's graceless anti Wigan hissy fit the poorest of poor form. Though not unexpected.

right so st Helens v wigan  gets close on double the gate for leeds v London   wow what a big surprise on a lousy Friday night for a friendly 

still don't think bailey will be to disappointed with a gate of £50,000   to start him off

Leigh  28-36  Wigan

Att 2988

I saw that crowd on the Wigan website and you think you get at least 6000 for that game?

What a pathetic unt© you are.

seems theres a few leeds coaches that like bailey and his team mates as well so I don't suppose he will lose much sleep over opposition fans not been fans of him.

he does actually say that when the fans are howling at him it drives him on to go in harder  so I suppose its good that he is so disliked by others

SL - that's a good crowd and well deserved for a man who has done the hard yards for club and country. Now, I would argue that Saints might thank Wigan for bringing a lot of spectators across for a good cause. Even the Roosters' new best friends Wire managed to find it in their hearts to thank us for playing them in Westwood's testimonial. Which makes Brown's graceless anti Wigan hissy fit the poorest of poor form. Though not unexpected.

Wigan fans came to Langtree Park to watch their team play.  Some may have come across to support Robes, but I very much doubt that would apply to many of them! 

As for the off the ball hit on Walsh, if it was done by a Wigan player - and it will not be the first time Wigan has played dirty in recent years - then I'm all for Brown making a public comment about it.  However, some of the fans who went to the match (and I wasn't one of them) seemed to think Walsh was cleaned out by Amor.  I guess time will tell.

He can say what he likes and does. Don't get me wrong, I'm delighted he's coaching Saints. Bobbie Goulding would have been my first pick but he should keep doing what he's doing.

Wigan fans did turn up to watch their team. Their team were playing because the Wigan club had agreed to play in a testimonial game. They didn't have to, and Robes is tens of thousands of pounds richer as a consequence - and wonderfully well deserved too.

Brown has a different attitudes when an opposition player hits one of his players to that he has when a Saints players belts an opposition man.

He never shut up over the Scott Taylor/Gareth O'Brien incident yet when Meli stiff armed Craig Hall and knocked him unconcious Brown was very circumspect about it and certainly stayed away from suggesting the same punishment for Meli as he suggested for Taylor.

Taylor has no charge to answer, Meli was sent off and got a lengthy ban.

Last night I was behind the sticks at the Wigan end and it did look as though Walsh and Amor collided, although it is a long way off the incident. Both ended up on the ground and Walsh stayed down. I hope he's ok!

Wigan fans did turn up to watch their team. Their team were playing because the Wigan club had agreed to play in a testimonial game.

That's right.  Saints and James Roby have already thanked Wigan club for agreeing to the match.  The fans just turn up to watch their team.  Nobody needs to thank them! 

Featherstone Rovers V Hull 3pm is definately on and a big following from Hull is expected. This is not an all ticket game but apparently Hull already rumoured to have sold over 1000 tickets for what is Richard Whitings testimonial Featherstone are urging all fans to arrive early as the new stands are not completed yet.

http://www.featherstonerovers.net/article.php?id=12739

Hope to see all the Hull fans in the clubhouse before the game as they are showing the Wembley final from 83 in the bar and dont forget the bar under the Family stand will be open from 2pm. Look forward to seeing you all

RoyBoy and my good self will be in attendance today. Hoping to meet up with Terry Mullaney in the clubhouse beforehand, all things being well. Absolutely beautiful day over here in East Yorks, hope it's likewise in Fev,

looking forward to it.

Just let us know when the replay of the '83 final has finished and we'll pop over. 

Vert sunny, Lots of us will be in The Lagoon from 2pm which is the bar under the Family stand. Refurbished last season and lots of RL memorabilia up on the walls. Looking forward to a great atmosphere, we really have missed our friends from Hull, always guarantee a great sing song. Cant wait